Put in work.

T
troutmasta
Hiked into the Sandy today from the High School cause there is construction on hatchery road. There was maybe 6 people at Cedar Creek total no one with a fish. Which if you've fished it before is VERY uncrowded. I met a fellow OFFer, Drew9870. Crossed the river had the entire meat hole to myself. didn't fish it, kept going to the house hole. Fished that for a good 3 hours by myself nothing, Bobber eggs corkie spinner, nothing. Rain came, got bummed out, started hiking home. Got to the crossing as Im crossing one of the four people on the bank hooks a monster, I finish crossing just in time to see them land a slug summer. That guy leaves its just Drew his 2 friends and myself I got all pumped cause i finally see a fish and ive been at it all day. Drews friend Sean tells me that spoons have been hot. Throw on 1/3 oz. copper/red Ms. Cleo. 2nd cast Bam Fish on!!....Just a jack, freebie.

3 casts later BOOM. good ho, caught right down from the mouth of the creek.
A fat Clipped Hen. Bonk! :shock:

Fish for another 20 min. no takers head home.
Drew slayed the steelies. His buddies Cleaned house as well.

Rough day got way better!:cool::clap:
Don't give Up.

Last edited:
E
eugene1
That's awesome dude! I really like your work ethic on fishing, just go whenever you can and good things will happen!

Sick!

W
waco
Good job dude! You are killing them out there while I'm still deciding if i'm going out tomorrow fishing!

S
sethinoregon
waco said:
Good job dude! You are killing them out there while I'm still deciding if i'm going out tomorrow fishing!

Nice! Water is looking much better now. Glad to see the hard work rewarded at the end of the day. I should have called in sick!

C
ChezJfrey
Man, it's just cruel reading about your success when I've been struggling for weeks! LOL

Nice going out there!

H
Homebrewmike
Nice I should have gone out today! Nice fish!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Way to go!!

T
troutmasta
Thanks all!
Its super rewarding when you've been at it all day! The trail down to cedar was almost nicer than the hatchery trail. Might start taking it. Cedar is slowing down probably be going coastal starting real soon!!

K
Kaoboi503
You've caught 3 out of he 5 fish I've heard and seen caught from there. Congrats.

M
mccarrel
Damn man,
I spent the later half of the day at Cedar today and saw no one with a fish. I had a spoon but then decided against it. Congrats.

T
troutmasta
mccarrel said:
Damn man,
I spent the later half of the day at Cedar today and saw no one with a fish. I had a spoon but then decided against it. Congrats.

water is dropping right now was rising last night. Im going in the morning. Ill probably fish from the close bank. I really dont ever use spoons, in fact that was my first salmon or steel on a spoon. i think I got it in a tackle box at a garage sale. I bought 2 new ones today though:D im headed out early early

M
mccarrel
Only Coho this year for me have been Jacks on eggs at the Clay Bank and Oxbow.
Good luck
troutmasta said:
water is dropping right now was rising last night. Im going in the morning. Ill probably fish from the close bank. I really dont ever use spoons, in fact that was my first salmon or steel on a spoon. i think I got it in a tackle box at a garage sale. I bought 2 new ones today though:D im headed out early early

W
waco
I will be there tomorrow! No more lazy bones!

T
troutmasta
Ill be in brown neoprene waders with a blue cablea pack with a fish knocker sticking out. The water looks to high to cross. So ill probably be throwing gear from the near bank. hopefully drops a little more