Pretty epic fishing

B
bran_man
Went to my home river for about 3 hours and ended up landing 5 steelhead, losing one more and handing off another. pretty good fishing. the second fish I landed was one of the bigger steelhead I've caught out of my home river at 35, and guessing around 15 pounds. sorry they are a little dark in the pics . they hand been bonked for about 2 hours by this point.. definitely not chromers , but they still cut good

1113121442b.jpg

the toad of the day:
1113121442c.jpg

Reactions: Admin
jamisonace
jamisonace
Sounds like a great day. Nice work finding them.

E
eugene1
Sweet limit!

hobster
hobster
Way to go Brandon! Haven't been up there in a few weeks ( went 4 for 5 but they all went back in the river), good to know there are still fish to be caught. Might see you up there, way to hook em!

T
troutmasta
Nice

Y
Yogidabear
That's cool, way to go.

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
great day of hook ups :clap:

bass
bass
Wow, great job!

B
bran_man
Thanks guys! This must be what dtikey feels like every time he fishes! Ha ha jk

E
eugene1
I think you're right!

bran_man said:
Thanks guys! This must be what dtikey feels like every time he fishes! Ha ha jk

D
DYJ
That second one is a brute!

B
bran_man
DYJ said:
That second one is a brute!

Yeah I thought it was a salmon until I got him in closer because it was so strong and big!

J
jeffcycles
Internet grouch of the day says 11lbs-12lbs is much more likely than 15lbs.

R
rippin fish lips
jeffcycles said:

You would be suprised... Bet she was full of eggs. I have seen a few 15lbers caught on this system this year.
Plenty of fish over 10lbs this year.

infact i know of a recently caught 16lber about 200-300 yards above him.

B
bran_man
jeffcycles said:

Def closer to 15lb. I'm usually a stickler on poundage too, but this was a hog. and a little trick I have heard is 10pounds at 30inches and add another pound for every inch after that and this was almost 36 inches. I'm sure its not very accurate but this one def was more than 12pounds.

P
plumb2fish
rippin fish lips said:
You would be suprised... Bet she was full of eggs. I have seen a few 15lbers caught on this system this year.
Plenty of fish over 10lbs this year.

infact i know of a recently caught 16lber about 200-300 yards above him.

The easiest way to tell that fish is a buck is the big pronounced racing stripe and the kipe on his upper jaw....being nearly 36" that fish definitely entered the system close to the 15 lb mark. I would bet it was still at or above 14 even this late in the year....looks like a great day up there Brandon....

B
Bgunder
Do you mind mentioning what river you were on?Been looking to get into some steelhead but not sure where to go this late in the season, still trying to put some ink on my tag...

R
rippin fish lips
plumb2fish said:
The easiest way to tell that fish is a buck is the big pronounced racing stripe and the kipe on his upper jaw....being nearly 36" that fish definitely entered the system close to the 15 lb mark. I would bet it was still at or above 14 even this late in the year....looks like a great day up there Brandon....

Yeah, i didn't really even look to see if it was a buck or a hen. lol Nice fish for sure tho.

B
bran_man
Bgunder said:
Do you mind mentioning what river you were on?Been looking to get into some steelhead but not sure where to go this late in the season, still trying to put some ink on my tag...

Yeah ill pm you, even though tons of people already know the spot. the less people the better ha ha

D
dtikey
awsome brandon, I love days like this.Should be good for while and hopefully I can shoot a buck this saturday with brad then get back to fishing.Missing the tug but loving the woods.