Oregon or Washington?

madasahab
madasahab
So I am wanting some opinions on which state has better fishing overall...I am talking success wise...different types of fish etc. I use to live in southern Oregon and it was decent. Recently moved to northern Oregon and I have to say, I am not to impressed so far...I have been salmon and steelhead fishing a long time and know many tactics and have caught many fish. I have been here in northern Oregon for almost a year and fished hard and have only landed 3 fish and lost one!!! Holy suck!!! I am the type of guy who will up and move somewhere if the fishing is better as it is my passion. I have considered moving back to Alaska, but the season is so short. So how does Washington stack up? What is going on with the north coast of Oregon? Am I cursed?

T
troutmasta
Oregon all day baby, Sounds like an unlucky streak. I'll take you to some spots if you want. PNW all day! pm me!

O
OnTheDrop
Washingtons got some good fishing...But, are you kidding me.... Oregon is where it's at.

O
OnTheDrop
troutmasta said:
Oregon all day baby, Sounds like an unlucky streak. I'll take you to some spots if you want. PNW all day! pm me!

Let's see it TM... 1,000 posts...

T
troutmasta
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Let's see it TM... 1,000 posts...

Okay fine.......(drumroll) :dance: 1000 Posts! :dance:

J
joem
madasahab said:
have only landed 3 fish and lost one!!! Holy suck!!!

i can do that in a day so i am going to say its a bad streak or you dont know the area your fishing very well. or just not using the right bait fish in different rivers like different things.

R
rum runner
i spent other then this year the last 5 years up there living in olympia i was in the dead center of some outstanding fishing! the peninsula has epic coho/steel head action! and the rivers around the south sound have great action! id say wa. is where its at!

G
Goodtimes
Rum runner, what about the pressure from a larger metro area? I like to fish with notsomuch crowd. I've got a job offer in south sound area and, like madasahab, the fishing makes a big difference in where I live.

madasahab
madasahab
guess I gotta take what I can get...keep stickin and movin...

P
plumb2fish
If you are looking for good hatchery fishing, you are not going to find it in Oregon or Washington. At least not like it once was. For winter steelhead brats, I would say the South Central Oregon Coast for Winters....Between the Rogue and Umpqua. For Chinook, Columbia....for Summers Cowlitz, or upper Willamette and tribs. For Coho, its a crap shoot. Springers Umpqua and Rogue. Your mileage may vary.