Oregon City oversize!

M
Moe
Went down to the dock in west linn and fish for a few hours with no bites and when i am packing my stuff up I see my rod jumping around and I yank and my rod just barries. Met Austin from Ifish and he is a witness:) fought the beast for over an hour and then it broke my line. Dang thing had to be in the 8-10 ft range and was my first sturgeon I ever hooked. Got it to surface 3 times then it was gone didn't see it for a good45min. and spooled me twice then broke off. Ohwell now I have the story of the big azz fish that got away. Funnies part was when I first hooked it we were looking in the other side of the dock when the SOB brings its massive head out and I said something like SEE! I told you dad there are fish bigger than me here! Gonna be sore tomorrow!

Reactions: waco
troutdude
troutdude
Great post Moe. Long time, no hear. Glad you are still out there and trying to land a beast. Sorry that you didn't get that one.

Reactions: Moe
H
hunt-fish-trap
I used to work for a guy that reeled in a solid 18fter out of there. he was in a 18ft sled and it took 4 guys to reel it in. it was even in the oregonian!

W
waco
Nice report Moe!! Sturgeon fishing is on top of list to do!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
What a way to end your day,eh? :clap: That one should keep you going back for more for a long time. You better get out the heating pad and stinky ointment...:confused::lol:

M
Moe
Raincatcher said:
What a way to end your day,eh? :clap: That one should keep you going back for more for a long time. You better get out the heating pad and stinky ointment...:confused::lol:
:lol:

G
Gone fishin
moe...is that last name??? cuz its mine too....

M
Moe
na its my nickname/ short for my full name

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like a blast. Way to go moe.

N
nofishfear
I herd a story when I was a kid & this is how it went. an old man sturgeon fishing in Oregon City uses a shark hook a baby sapling pig for bait Now i'm not sure of the time line but I think it was a few days he fished that rig. Then he hooked something big & he somehow attached his line to an empty 55 gal drum & let the fish drag it up & down the river a few days & went back with 1 or 2 draft horses & pulled the fish out the river by horse power. They put the monster on a 20" flatbed & had to have someone
keep the tail from dragging the ground by walking behind the flatbed. Some of the fine details may be a little off. It was 25 or so years ago!
nofishfear