Oregon bass fishing - 3.85# small mouth

PK Yi
PK Yi
had a great time couple days ago on the long tom. caught my personal best small mouth @ 3.85#. of all the times I went to the long, this is my biggest bass...usually they are around 1# range. I used to catch a lot of big bass in here, but in recent years, it has been getting dismal. anyways, it was a fun trip.

S
smoky
Nice video looks like you get some awesome bass action on that river. I specially like your raft setup.

bass
bass
Great video!!! I just love watching you catch those fish. Congrats on catch so many nice fish! Do you launch and take out at the same place or do you take out downstream from where you put in?

When I lived in NC my brother in law gave me a $20 two man raft that I fished out of for a couple of years. I built a plywood floor that rose up into a trolling motor mount. That thing had no preferred directionality, I would often be more or less spinning around the trolling motor as I zoomed along. Do you have any kind of keel on your raft?

PK Yi
PK Yi
thanks.

I launch & take out at the same spot. it is a dangerous bank that's a little steep getting down. there are sharp objects everywhere so you gotta be careful with an inflatable raft.

there is no keel. the raft just smoothly rides over big waves - such as in bays/jetties. I put a plywood board on the floor for stability. we've gotten a lot of miles on it, best investment I've ever made.

bass
bass
sammy said:
thanks.

I launch & take out at the same spot. it is a dangerous bank that's a little steep getting down. there are sharp objects everywhere so you gotta be careful with an inflatable raft.

there is no keel. the raft just smoothly rides over big waves - such as in bays/jetties. I put a plywood board on the floor for stability. we've gotten a lot of miles on it, best investment I've ever made.

Thanks for the reply. I loved my raft when I had it and I moved from it to a small boat I built myself. I loved that boat and used it for about 10 years before decommissioning it. However, when the water was rough I definitely missed the raft. The kayaks I have now mostly float over the waves, but if a big one does break over the side it just drains through the floor scuppers. However, that is a much wetter ride than gliding over them. You definitely have a nice setup!

How big is your raft? What brand? How many chambers?