Orca in the Umpqua

C
CoastalMoe
Had a fun sight here in the bay a couple days ago...

Several boats reported seeing a killer whale chasing down a couple sea lions up river... Sadly he missed his mark... LOL...

There is a great video of the whale leaving the bay on YouTube but for some reason I cannot link it up...

You can find it if you search "Orca Umpqua"...

I was one heck of a sight to see...

Reactions: rogerdodger
E
eugene1
"Oh my God"

Way cool, Moe!

CoastalMoe said:
Had a fun sight here in the bay a couple days ago...

Several boats reported seeing a killer whale chasing down a couple sea lions up river... Sadly he missed his mark... LOL...

There is a great video of the whale leaving the bay on YouTube but for some reason I cannot link it up...

You can find it if you search "Orca Umpqua"...

I was one heck of a sight to see...

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Springers are in Orcas in Siuslaw and Umpqua nice fish in Winny! 1512463_493304007483346_5857700598438159380_n.jpg

jamisonace
jamisonace
There was one in Tillamook recently too. Very cool but not sure I'd want to be too close!

T
troutmasta
We should import them to the willy.

bass
bass
That video was pretty cool. Saw some up close when we were in Alaska and that was pretty awesome. It would be amazing if they could swim up the Willamette. Maybe in addition to sea lions they might take a hankering to wake boarders :)

I wonder how long they can stay in fresh water? Pretty soon some bucket biologist is going to put some in Hagg lake :)