Optimal wading staff system

C
captbob43
Roger---Now that you showed me how to include photos/videos, you've created a monster. This is the OPTIMAL WADING STAFF SYSTEM. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
R
Rain
I think its a promotional video that is trying to sell a product.

W
waco
I like the dogs on the video!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Rain said:
I think its a promotional video that is trying to sell a product.
I agree. I have temporarily disabled the video until an administrative decision is made. Please stand by. :popcorn:
Warning sent

Last edited:
C
captbob43
I have so many things I've developed over the years and I would like to share them with other anglers. Because I manufacture many of these things, I guess that makes them promotional. Maybe I'll just share techniques and fishing stories or answer questions if people have any.

Regards,
Capt. Bob
Warning issued

Last edited by a moderator:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
captbob43 said:
Maybe I'll just share techniques and fishing stories or answer questions if people have any.

Regards,
Capt. Bob
Great idea! That's what Oregon Fishing Forum is all about. :thumb:

C
captbob43
What follows is something I passed on to people I guided. This involved East Coast Steelhead and Atlantic Salmon. What do you folks think about this view?[h=2]FISHERMAN’S PRIMER[/h]Let’s start from the beginning. You arrive on the River, ready-to-go.
1. Do not get closer than 10 ft. to the water. Stand still and observe. Any fish, bait or fly activity? Where’s the best place to start and with what system? Floating line, skated fly, sunk fly, sink tip, etc?
2. Start fishing while on dry land. Many fish hang 3 ft. from the shore. Patiently increase the distance of your cast in 2 ft. increments. When you’ve reached a comfortable maximum cast, take 3-5 steps downstream.
3. Use any method you prefer. Some purists will use only one method no matter the conditions. Others swing a fly when they can, dead drift when appropriate, strip a fly, cast upstream, downstream, directly across, use the Grease Line method, etc. Whatever floats your boat. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO EXPERIMENT!
4. Enjoy yourself! Relax! This is not your job. Most Steelhead take your fly when you’ve done nothing special to entice them. You will catch as many fish if you’re totally focused as you will if your mind wanders and you enjoy the setting.

MAY THE RIVER GODS SMILE UPON YOU!

Reactions: waco
T
TimberTodd
Sounds good to me Capt. I have seen a lot of people charge right out and start casting.

Chromatose
Chromatose
Am I reading this right in that you guided on the east Coast? If so where? By the way, feel free to PM me any of your fishing manufacturing wares.

C
captbob43
image20.jpgYes, I guided occasionally over the years for Atlantic Ocean offshore fish--Tuna, Marlin, Mahi, etc. Also inshore fish--Striped Bass, Bluefish, Weakfish, Tarpon, Bonefish, Permit etc. Also Great Lakes tributary Steelhead and Atlantic Salmon. Most of the anglers I've met out here have no idea what a tremendous Steelhead fishery exists back East. 2 to 5 fish a day on flies up to 25 lbs. These fish originally were brought East in the 1800's by Seth Green who built the first Steelhead hatchery on the Genesee River in Rochester, NY. Although the Steelhead back East can no longer get to the Ocean, the Great Lakes, which are rich in Alewives, etc., become their feeding grounds. The Eastern Steelhead originally came from the McCloed and Skamania strains, among others, and have developed into a unique critter.
You asked me to "PM" you my gear. Sorry, I don't know what PM means.
l