ODFW Fall Coastal Salmon Update

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
This is what is being proposed, sounds like final approval of exact plan will be early July, there are 2 options for wild chinook- one that allows more retention and one that allows less. The wild coho plan looks locked down. There is a survey they are asking people to fill out, I already completed it and 'voted' for the less wild chinook retention option. I like the coho plan, looking forward to catching one in the Siuslaw, one in CoosBay, and my other 3 in the lakes (which are on normal perm. regs again this year). cheers, roger

Attached is the table of proposed fall seasons, it comes from this link:

https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1N...2ZC8w-Z0WlStYf8M/s/80003330/br/205806877111-l

• Fall.jpg
Last edited:
Reactions: scched and Fred
F
Fred
Where can you take the survey??

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Something I find interesting, assuming they go with Alternative 2 (more wild chinook catch), the ONLY basins that will be 2/day are:
Salmon
Siletz
Yaquina
Alsea
CoosBay

All the rest are 1/day.

Many rivers, including Siuslaw (1/2) and Umpqua (1/5), are the same for wild chinook under either option.

My one disappointment is that the Siuslaw isn't 1/2 for coho.

Last edited:
Markk
Markk
rogerdodger said:
This is what is being proposed, sounds like final approval of exact plan will be early July, there are 2 options for wild chinook- one that allows more retention and one that allows less. The wild coho plan looks locked down. There is a survey they are asking people to fill out, I already completed it and 'voted' for the less wild chinook retention option. I like the coho plan, looking forward to catching one in the Siuslaw, one in CoosBay, and my other 3 in the lakes (which are on normal perm. regs again this year). cheers, roger

Attached is the table of proposed fall seasons, it comes from this link:

https://lnks.gd/l/eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1N...2ZC8w-Z0WlStYf8M/s/80003330/br/205806877111-l
It looks to me that both alternatives are 1/2

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Coho are abundant should be able to keep 10!

brandon4455
brandon4455
I can’t be overly greedy and say I really need more than a handful of chinook and a couple of coho for the fall. If I catch 2 in tillamook 2 in nestucca 2 in siletz plus a couple of bay cohos.. more than happy. Anything other than that I’m just upriver sport fishing without bait and turning fish loose.

Reactions: scched and rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Markk said:
It looks to me that both alternatives are 1/2
Siuslaw- 1/2 either alternative.
Umpqua- 1/5 either alternative.

Markk
Markk
got it