Not much of a Willamette report (2-18-12)

bass
bass
Fished hard yesterday at George Rogers park out of my kayak with little to show for it. One shaker (about 30" - not even close) and a squawfish. I fished one general area and moved 6 times during the day looking for fish. I fished from 30' to 95' deep. The sturgeon came out of about 80'. The number of squawfish/bait nibbler bites was incredible. I kept thinking that if I could wait them out a sturgeon would eventually pick up the bait. Note to self - this does not work.

On the plus side, I did get to meet up with some folks I knew and some folks I had not met before. Also got to see a fellow kayaker catch a 48" fish. What a beauty!

Spooky thing. Towards the end of the day I was sitting on anchor when a furbag pops up its head about 50' from me. Then it swam straight at me with its head out of the water. When it was about 20' away it lifted itself out of the water pretty high. I think it was looking to see if I had a fish it could try to steal. It stayed like that for about 15 seconds (felt like an hour). I started reaching for my paddle when it dove and disappeared.

Last edited:
H
hunt-fish-trap
same here we were up by the falls on Friday tied to the wall and were 2 fish for 6 rods all day and we threw everything at them. we did miss some legit fish due to operator error. hell I even almost lost my rod cuz I fell asleep. thank god I had my line wrapped around my hand and there was also my Father in law yelling at me. He told me that if I lost his rod I wud have to go swimming.

Last edited:
E
eggs
Yea we didn't have any keepers yesterday either... Friday was a boat limit...

F
fish4life
We got one for three rods on friday nothing on Saturday.

M
muskieguide
friday was ok up there and we all missed a lot of fish, but sat sucked a$$