North jetty pays off

B
bythesea
I don't hit the north side very often.The waves are usually running to high on the rocks but, yesterday the swells were coming from the s.w.@ maybe 4' it was ideal here's a few pics...FISH-ON!!!!!:D

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

I'm going to have to change my signature :lol:

Last edited:
J
JAFO
Makes me hungry!

M
mitchdowd
beautiful fishes.

K
Kevinb5688
Nice ling from the jetty, how long was it?
Im going out on my groupon deal charter boat saturday.

J
jawjacker
Like the spread nice work man look's like you got all the essentials.

B
bythesea
Kevinb5688 said:
Nice ling from the jetty, how long was it?
Im going out on my groupon deal charter boat saturday.

26"......have fun on the charter I went out a couple weeks ago it was awsome ,don't forget your camera you'll need it.

bass
bass
Beautiful looking fish! What part of the tide cycle did you fish?

N
Noahk
Nicely done! Are you bleeding those fish? The color looks a little pink. If no, it will help the flavor.

B
bythesea
bass said:
Beautiful looking fish! What part of the tide cycle did you fish?

those three hours. Hour before high to an hour after,

Last edited:
B
bythesea
Noahk said:
Nicely done! Are you bleeding those fish? The color looks a little pink. If no, it will help the flavor.

no I didn't this time.I forgot my knife but I thought the snout of the ling looked a lot pinker then normal.I usually don't bleed the greenling but It looks like I probably should.

S
Shark 13
bythesea said:
no I didn't this time.I forgot my knife but I thought the snout of the ling looked a lot pinker then normal.I usually don't bleed the greenling but It looks like I probably should.

I have found that a pair of kitchen scissors work pretty good for cutting the gills to bleed the fish out :) Thats what i use to bleed out my fish. But any way them are some nice looking fish. Looks like a very good dinner to me :)

K
Kevinb5688
Me and 3 friends went on the captians reel charter boat today. It was beautiful out and fishing was good. We limited easily on rock bass ( 28 fish ) and got 4 keeper lings. We filled about 3 other peoples limits, and caught about 10 more lings that were just short. The key was we brought our own white larger jigs and brought some herring to tip our shrip fly with. Great boat. Captian dave and his deck hand were a little weird and slow on the netting and retying, so i retied my own baits and netted a few nice lings for other people so they didn't lose them on the side of the boat. The deck had said he appricated the help after he realized im not a cooter who can't handle a fish.
Great day, great fishing, and a few kids on the boat got their first fish so that was cool to watch.

B
bythesea
Kevinb5688 said:
Me and 3 friends went on the captians reel charter boat today. It was beautiful out and fishing was good. We limited easily on rock bass ( 28 fish ) and got 4 keeper lings. We filled about 3 other peoples limits, and caught about 10 more lings that were just short. The key was we brought our own white larger jigs and brought some herring to tip our shrip fly with. Great boat. Captian dave and his deck hand were a little weird and slow on the netting and retying, so i retied my own baits and netted a few nice lings for other people so they didn't lose them on the side of the boat. The deck had said he appricated the help after he realized im not a cooter who can't handle a fish.
Great day, great fishing, and a few kids on the boat got their first fish so that was cool to watch.

sounds like you had a good time,were any of those lings clinging on to other fish ? did ya,bring us back some pics