North coast springers

madasahab
madasahab
So we got some good rain and the rivers are up. What are the chances of some early springers? Maybe summer steelhead? If so, which river first? Is it still early and maybe just a late winter steelhead show? Feedback appreciated...:)

F
fishtales
Well we did get a bit of rain. I tried the Wilson on saterday with no luck at all. A buddy of mine went last wednesday with the same results. Let's hope the rain brings the fish.

O
OnTheDrop
Every system that gets these fish will have a few by now, especially with the rain. Haha.

Last edited:
O
OnTheDrop
On a side note...Siletz, Nestucca, Umpquas, Rogue, Willy, Mack in mid-valley will have these fish mentioned above by now. Its definently still early but I get them in Tribs sometime in April every year.

We use to crush them on the Clack in late March believe it or not some years ago when I was a young teen...Never seen numbers that good though since I started fishing for 'em 10 years ago.

P
plumb2fish
The coastal streams....Tillamook basin, Nestucca, Siletz its about 3 weeks early.....there may be fish, but most fish the coast May and June even into July

T
Tacomasteelheader
SteelmonKiller20 said:
We use to crush them on the Clack in late March believe it or not some years ago when I was a young teen...Never seen numbers that good though since I started fishing for 'em 10 years ago.

well here soon with a few hundred over the dam the last few days the clack should be pullin a few

madasahab
madasahab
plumb2fish said:
The coastal streams....Tillamook basin, Nestucca, Siletz its about 3 weeks early.....there may be fish, but most fish the coast May and June even into July

Yeah, I realize this. Just wondering if anyone heard of any or if they thought with the recent rain and rise in river level. I am gonna fish regardless, but with steelhead gear...maybe I'll hook a king? :shock:

R
rippin fish lips
madasahab said:
Yeah, I realize this. Just wondering if anyone heard of any or if they thought with the recent rain and rise in river level. I am gonna fish regardless, but with steelhead gear...maybe I'll hook a king? :shock:

If people are catching them over here in my kneck of the woods, they are probably in those rivers to. I would imagine.