No! My new toy!

G
GDBrown
I am finally finished with my 4 wt rod. As in I have completed my project! For those of you out there with ADD you know how hard that is to do. For me it has been monumental since I have difficulty with my hands. So here are a few photos of the completed rod.

_MG_0895.jpg

_MG_0890.jpg

_MG_0889.jpg

The specs on the rod are:

9 ft 2 pc medium/fast action built on a "Pacific Bay' blank.
ORVIS AccessII reel with WF4F Hy-Flote SL line
Extra spool with WF4I clear intermediate line

I think I spent more time building the wrapping jig and other tools than I did building the rod but that is ADD for you.:think:

I know that the finish on the wraps is not as good as many store bought cheap rods and I have learned a great deal from this project.
Thanks to all who made suggestions and OFFered tips to me. My next project will be to refinish an old bamboo rod that has been used at a wall hanging for many years. Now it will become a decorative wall hanging.;)

GD

V
veilside180sx
Pac Bay Rosewood reel seat?

Looks good Gene, and congrats on getting it finished.

L
lilsalmon
Very nice, Gene. We need to do a camp/fish soon...real soon. When you leaving for Utah?

G
GDBrown
lilsalmon said:
Very nice, Gene. We need to do a camp/fish soon...real soon. When you leaving for Utah?

I get back from Utah on the 24th of May. One day for laundry and then.......? Big "D"?

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
WOW,that looks great gene,very nice work my friend

18406ej
18406ej
The finish on the wraps looks pretty nice to me- Nice work!

brandon4455
brandon4455
well done gene that looks awesome!!

G
GDBrown
Sinkline said:
I think it looks great Gene!

Dang, wish I knew you were after that reel I could have saved ya a little cash. I have two in black with two extra spools in that same size I am gonna be selling. Used, but like new condition.

Randy

OK, I'll bite, show me what you have as I'm a sucker for reels as well as rods. I need to replace the one I've been using on my little 3/4 wt rod.

Right now I have a 25 year old medalist with 4wt line on it. I want to change that out for 3wt since I have a new 4wt.

GD

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
So you're working on mine now right? lol

great work, I'm impressed.

O
OnTheFly
Nice work Gene. How do you think another 20"+ Deschutes redside's gunna feel on that?

C
ChezJfrey
18406ej said:
The finish on the wraps looks pretty nice to me- Nice work!

I agree...too hard on yourself there, GDBrown. I think it looks great!

G
GDBrown
OnTheFly said:
Nice work Gene. How do you think another 20"+ Deschutes redside's gunna feel on that?

I hope to find out very soon.....

I
I <3 <><
Beautiful.