No luck on the Upper Slaw today

S
Scott M
Bank fished the Siuslaw just below Green Creek this afternoon, throwing hardware. No luck, guess I'm going to have to change tactics!! Going to try that bobber and jug set-up next trip up stream. :D

T
Tacomasteelheader
i fished up top also and it was slow my group fished ALL day from 9-230 pretty slow only like four-five caught. boats might of freaked them out a little, i know they were there cause i seen a couple swim up in the shallow, so they just weren't biting

S
Scott M
It happens, and where I was there were eight fishing an area stretching less than 10 yards of river frontage!! Maybe part of the problem was that I brought some of my home brew? Nawwwww!!

I'm going to have to watch for your Toyota!! :D

T
Tacomasteelheader
"""I'm going to have to watch for your Toyota!! :D"""

I was not in it today rolled with some buddies , free ride :D

hobster
hobster
I've put in some time this month and finally got my 1st ink on the tag for this year today. Got one at Whitaker finally :) It was pretty packed and generally a slow day - saw one other landed - I was only there for a few hours though. Hooked and landed my 1st ever on a baitcating rod - one that Chad from SS made for me. That rod is amazing and it was so cool too fight a fish on it, what a difference! LOVE that rod - i'm used to $30-$60 rods - thanks Chad ;) Haven't landed one since around Christmas and just about gave up on January. Lets hope the Slaw gets back to about 10 feet and we have a great February.

O
OnTheDrop
Scott M said:
It happens, and where I was there were eight fishing an area stretching less than 10 yards of river frontage!!

That sounds terrible! Why not move around to where no one was? Just because people are fishing a good piece of water doesn't mean there are fish other places...Good luck out there. 'd deff switch it up to a bob and Jig here as the water drops... Tight Lines

S
Scott M
Guess I forgot to say that the conversation was worth the stay, and the access etiquette was in play as well. Great group of fishermen. As I am just learning this river, it is a good thing to listen and then fish. Just makes it easier.

W
waco
Scott M said:
Guess I forgot to say that the conversation was worth the stay, and the access etiquette was in play as well. Great group of fishermen. As I am just learning this river, it is a good thing to listen and then fish. Just makes it easier.

Good point sometimes is worth the effort to stay and learn even you are not really fishing!