No fishing this weekend? Either northwest or Willamette?

F
fitzi6_7
Of course I have a free weekend...

troutdude
troutdude
If you go in this kind of flood stage weather, don't expect anyone to come to your rescue. Crews are already too busy. Go to the movies.

O
OnTheFly
fitzi6_7 said:
Of course I have a free weekend...
I know that if you walk in the river from the bank up to your knees and can't see your boots then go home. I have no idea what to do if you're knee deep in water on the road and still can't see your boots.:shock:

Last edited:
D
DYJ
Yeah I was sent some pictures from Mapleton and the Siuslaw is raging. We're leaving the fishing gear at home and heading east to our favorite trail.... The Bend Ale Trail brewery tour.

F
fitzi6_7
When I moved here I didn't realize i would need my boat to get from the apartment to my car... :) Be safe everyone... May take a drive up towards Astoria as I have never been that way. May as well use the time as a scouting run...

K
Kevinb5688
Some of you guys are nuts, why would you want to drive anywhere, and going to astoria? That dosent sound to smart to me. You can't go fishing or scout for a fishing spot when all oregon rivers are reaching flood levels. The water looks like straight liquid mud with tree limbs and debree raging down it.
I dont want to sound like an a** but come on people, if you dont have to drive then stay off the roads. There are trees falling, power lines down, water everywhere.
Going to a river to check it out can put you and other people in harms way for no good reason. Do everyone a favor and sit at home, drink some beer, and spend time with your family:)

F
fitzi6_7
Kevinb5688 said:
Some of you guys are nuts, why would you want to drive anywhere, and going to astoria? That dosent sound to smart to me. You can't go fishing or scout for a fishing spot when all oregon rivers are reaching flood levels. The water looks like straight liquid mud with tree limbs and debree raging down it.
I dont want to sound like an a** but come on people, if you dont have to drive then stay off the roads. There are trees falling, power lines down, water everywhere.
Going to a river to check it out can put you and other people in harms way for no good reason. Do everyone a favor and sit at home, drink some beer, and spend time with your family:)

I know your right... but, the fam is out of town this weekend and the last thing I want to do is stay home..... lol

S
salmon_slayer87
or....you could come on this site and meet new people. Tell stories, learn from others...the best part about it...you can do it from the comfort of your own home. I dont even want to look outside if i dont have to...let alone drive somewhere. haha.
Safety first!!
thanks everyone,
Dale

D
DYJ
Kevinb5688 said:

I wouldn't go to the coast cause of all the flooding, but last time I looked at Willamette Pass it was 36 degrees and raining... nothing scary about that. Besides, I really want chicken @ Manley's for dinner tomorrow night :lol:

B
Boombollie
I have some buddies that live in Deadwood on Nelson Mt. Road. They say the covered bridge over Lake Creek is about a foot under water and my other friends on Nelson Mt. Road (on the other side, in Walton) can't leave due to the road being washed out. My wife could barely get home from Veneta after picking the kids up and I'm staying in Eugene cause I won't be able to make it in tomorrow morning for meetings.

I second the stay at home and drink beer sentiment. It's gnarly out there!

A
alm21
Great opportunity to score points with the wife by knocking out some things on the honey-do list. You could say something like "Wow, water is up, great time to hit the river but I think I'll avoid the crowds and take care of stuff around the house". If she bites, your golden and the skids are greased for when the rivers shape up! ;)

B
bran_man
I have been DYING to go out and try for some steel. Unfortunately right now that is probably what would happen if you tried to go out right now. I like being alive too much so for now the fishing will have to wait.... Def not worth the risk!!! That's how it is at least for any nearby systems around where I live....

jamisonace
jamisonace
Be careful heading towards the coast, most of the roads have issues. That said, I love getting out and seeing what nature's fury can do. I'll probably get out and scout around a bit myself. But I'll probably head east and not west.

Oh and as for fishing this weekend...I doubt anyone will be doing and decent fishing for the rest of the month.

fitzi6_7 said:
When I moved here I didn't realize i would need my boat to get from the apartment to my car... :) Be safe everyone... May take a drive up towards Astoria as I have never been that way. May as well use the time as a scouting run...