No fishies :(

S
sarahleming
I went out to JCP at about 6:30pm or so...fished for about an hour. No fish, no bites :(. There were a lot of people fishing, didn't see anyone else catch anything either. One person said she had a bite, but honestly with the algae, she could have just been connected to a strong piece for a bit. I saw a few fish jump though, probably three different ones, so there is something out there. Hope someone else has better luck than I did :pray:

B
bran_man
Yeah with hot weather and lower water, it really turns the bite off! There are always fish in there pretty much at all times, but if you're wanting them to eat,I would only go within the few days after stocking when the fish are fresh. Other than that, you don't really want to be eating fish out of there lol

S
sarahleming
We will probably not go back there. We are planning on going to one of the rivers next trip. Why shouldn't you eat fish out of the JCP?

troutdude
troutdude
For pond trout, try ABC (Alton Baker Canal). Much of it is right behind Autzen Stadium. Easy to get to, and easy to fish.

B
bran_man
sarahleming said:
We will probably not go back there. We are planning on going to one of the rivers next trip. Why shouldn't you eat fish out of the JCP?

That water its super nasty! With all of the garbage and birds and all the stuff that goes into it, goes into the fish. Have had a few friends eat older fish out of there and almost always get sick afterwards. That's why you should try and only keep them if they are freshly stocked and not exposed to that nasty water for very long

Last edited:
L
lostapache
Help with info

Help with info

I need help with a few questions about the rules at JCP.. Do you need a Fishing licenses? Is it catch and release? Is Noodling ( catching with bare hands) allowed? Is there catfish in the pond? Do you have to use natural baits like worms or minnows or can you use jigs, corn and spoiled lunchmeats ( great for catfishing)?

Thanks for any info:think:

Last edited:
S
sarahleming
lostapache said:
I need help with a few questions about the rules at JCP.. Do you need a Fishing licenses? Is it catch and release? Is Noodling ( catching with bare hands) allowed? Is there catfish in the pond? Do you have to use natural baits like worms or minnows or can you use jigs, corn and spoiled lunchmeats ( great for catfishing)?

Thanks for any info:think:

I believe you always need a fishing license. I am not too sure on any laws that say you don't need one in Oregon. But I just moved here, so someone else may be of better help for that question. I also don't know anything about noodling... However, this is the information about JCP from the DFW website, it should answer all of your other questions. I got the info from this site http://www.dfw.state.or.us/rr/willamette/ if you want to check it out.

JUNCTION CITY POND: trout, crappie
This prime fishing pond has been regularly stocked with trout since January ranging from legal-size up to ‘pounders.’ It was stocked again on June 5 with 1,000 legal size rainbow trout. Casting spinners and plunking with PowerBait can be effective strategies for these fish. Junction City pond is located about 2 miles south of Junction City on 99W on the west side of the highway. There is excellent access around the entire 8-acre pond. As a reminder, zone regulations apply: five trout daily may be kept and only one over 20 inches. The steelhead stocked a couple of months agoare considered ‘trout’ and the only-one-over-20-inches regulation applies

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
lostapache: Welcome to the forum! Yes, you always need a license to fish in Oregon, unless you are a child or an ancient resident. No noodling that I know of and doubtful on the catfish. Jigs, worms, power bait, are fine but no corn. Go to Walmart,Bimart, Fred Meyer, Dicks or anywhere that carries fishing gear and pick up a regulation book. Read it! The fines are not worth being ignorant of the law.

F
FishNinja
Raincatcher said:
lostapache: Welcome to the forum! Yes, you always need a license to fish in Oregon, unless you are a child or an ancient resident. No noodling that I know of and doubtful on the catfish. Jigs, worms, power bait, are fine but no corn. Go to Walmart,Bimart, Fred Meyer, Dicks or anywhere that carries fishing gear and pick up a regulation book. Read it! The fines are not worth being ignorant of the law.

You can use corn.