My new set up!!

W
waco
I'm super stocked I got my self new toys to play with trout and smaller fish for my birthday! :yay: :yay: I just got the reel and line today but the wait until the weekend is gonna kill me!! I want to get out tomorrow!!!
Anyways I got an GL3 g.loomis 5wt rod and I matched it with a Echo ion 4/5wt reel with a rio gold floating line!! I could not be happier! ;)
Now to decide where to go this weekend! :think:
20120613_205657.jpg
20120613_205735.jpg

18406ej
18406ej
Very nice!

I think that it would be very Christian of you to do the right thing however and give the rod and reel to the poor, which is me.

I hope the next two days pass quickly for you,

Eamon

troutdude
troutdude
Wow. Beautiful rig man. Have fun with it; and don't forget to file some reports on here!

B
BobbiDollPDX
18406ej said:
Very nice!

I think that it would be very Christian of you to do the right thing however and give the rod and reel to the poor, which is me.

I hope the next two days pass quickly for you,

Eamon

NOOOOOOO, he is supposed to pay it forward and give it to the birthday girl <that's me btw>.

W
waco
Sorry guys but my birthday was last weekend so this setup stays with the birthday boy!! :yay:

18406ej
18406ej
W.W.W.D. (what would Waco do?)

J
john montana
Nice!

H
halibuthitman
18406ej said:
W.W.W.D. (what would Waco do?)
who knows... But I certainly remember what happened AT Waco...

E
eggs
halibuthitman said:
who knows... But I certainly remember what happened AT Waco...

Tanks and ****... fire all up on my TV... I ran for a fire extinguisher then stop dropped and rolled!

Nice setup Waco !

troutdude
troutdude
BobbiDollPDX said:
NOOOOOOO, he is supposed to pay it forward and give it to the birthday girl <that's me btw>.

Uh oh. You lose EJ. You don't win an argument with a lady.

T
TimberTodd
Nice setup. Have fun with it.

W
waco
So I couldn't wait any longer and I went to play with it last night! I got to the river and saw few offers there! after talking to them for a bit, it was time! So I wade in to the water a little bit and after rigging a nymph setup, I made my first cast, it felt so sweet! My first cast and I just made a perfect one!, I was just watching my indicator when it goes down! Lift my rod and game on! I got a beautiful 8 inch trout second cast fish on,3Rd cast fish on I was super stocked! I got like 12 fish on 12 casts then I cast again and indicator down fish on again! Haha but this time was an over 20inch trout giving me a sweet aerial show! It was pulling line like crazy and I have to chase it down river! After a while I was about to land it when....... My freaking alarm when off! Man it was time to get up and get ready to work!
It was a such nice dream!!

W
waco
Oops double post!

N
ninja2010
dang it... you had me there.

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
Haha! That's funny man.

What a great rig. Have you decided where you're going to break it in this weekend? I just got a new fiver ' myself and am weighing my options from Portland. Eagle Creek? Wilson? Whatta' ya think? Let me know if you need a travelmate.

W
waco
In fact I do! I'll let you know!

B
BobbiDollPDX
Ha! You had me going too.

Good one Waco :lol: