Mountian bikes

F
fishtales
I bought my very first mountain bike yesterday and am wondering who else rides in to hunt/fish and what kind of upgrades are available for hunters these days. 
It is a used entry level bike all stock except for the shorter handle bars. Just hoping to get some input from those who have been enjoying the hobby for longer than me, thanks.

M
Moe
I ride my bike in to fish, all stock

F
fishtales
Yeah stock works, but I was wondering if anyone has abait boxes set up, or a pole holders set up, ect...

R
RunWithSasquatch
I'd recommend getting a rack with panniers... its amazing what can be stuffed into them. Also trailers are cool.

I made a trailer for hunting this year, already scheming on a new trailer design for next season.

Specifically fishing, ive seen a guy on a local stream who rides in with a rack that he attatched PVC tubing to to hold his rods.

My friends have handle bar "gun racks" that they put there rods in.

DSCF0501_zps92b59645.jpg

DSCF0510_zpsb36066b3.jpg

M
Moe
I just bungie my rod the the bikes frame and carry my gear bag over my shoulders

F
fishtales
What kind of attachment is used to connect trailer bar to the bike? Your bike trailer looks pretty sweet. I have looked around on craigslist for something similar but have not found one I like. Nice to know they can be made.

I ussually pack my gear in a backpack. I have a rain fly that keeps the pack dry when it rains but if i have a pole atttached it seams to not work as well and my pack and gear gets wet. I might try the bungie cord idea Moe mentioned above.