More ?s on the Slaw

R
rum runner
i know iv asked where to get in on fish already but other then the salt on the jetties on the river above tide water where is a good place to look for fish even if you point me to combat holes i will at least know where to go and can walk up or down river to get away from the madness.

J
joem
lost one above the train bridge and got one below it today. seen one other lost and heard of a jack that was got today.

B
bran_man
I would also love to hear some/ any info as well from any knowledgeable peeps out there! Good thread idea! Hope you get some good posts on this so I can learn too ha ha

R
rum runner
lol sounds good glad im not the only one tryn to find out info on this maybe get out and do some searching some time

B
bran_man
Yeah I know there are a bunch of pulloffs along the mapleton flats, but I think its still pretty early in the season for there to be good numbers of fish that far into the system. Maybe a couple here and there. Just my guess though, could def be wrong. If you have time to kill, couldn't hurt to cruise by it at least to check it out... ?

jamisonace
jamisonace
There's no bank access in the areas that are producing fish. You can rent a boat in Cushman.

R
rum runner
im down to go poke around when ever if i got free time pm. me and we can try to set something up when i get my new work schedule.

R
rippin fish lips
jamisonace said:
There's no bank access in the areas that are producing fish. You can rent a boat in Cushman.

You can park in Cushman, walk down the highway to the dairy hole and legally fish off the bank right off the highway. There is also another spot around there too.

F
fishingduck
I'm going to go out this Sat or Sun again at daybreak. I'm by myself in a drifter and you're welcome to join me.

R
rum runner
once i find out what my days off are this week im going to try to get out and hit some water thanks for the info rippin and fishing duck i sent you a pm. might be heading out to lincoln city sat. my little bro has been tearing it up out there

H
hawgslayer
If you don't mind bumping elbows with all the other minions then you should head on down to the "rock wall" on Rhododendron Dr. down by the dump. Yesterday when we were trolling down there there was a solid 20 people casting lures. It does produce from time to time, especially when the silvers get in the bay. Good luck!

Reactions: JeannaJigs
R
rum runner
im always down for a good time doing that kind of fishing but i like to have a friend with me just incase.... and when dose the run pick up iv read end of sept-oct and there coming in now and it will only get better and better.

H
hawgslayer
rum runner said:
im always down for a good time doing that kind of fishing but i like to have a friend with me just incase.... and when dose the run pick up iv read end of sept-oct and there coming in now and it will only get better and better.

Sept-Oct is your best bet. We've been picking up a few here and there down towards the jaws and coast guard toward.

R
rippin fish lips
rum runner said:

It's time to start fishing it now, and Hawg slayer just pointed you in the right direction to the rock wall. There is enough space to spread out but real soon it will be packed. Most of the fish caught are coho off that wall, but there is nice nooks that run through it too.

T
The Blue Frog Guy
Hey guys, I'd like to try bank fishing for salmon on the Siuslaw tues or wed...Need all the help in the world.

I got some blue fox's and a couple of spoons, and I guess I'll drive around the Rhoded...rd and look for people, maybe near the coast guard tower sounds good? Anyways here's my questions...

Is there a certain tide or time to fish that's best?

When trowing the fox's, is there a special rig to add weight to improve casting distance?

What lb line and rod wt is recommended?

Any directions to the places mentioned in the post above would be appreciated...

Thanks ahead of time!

R
rum runner
the gear ?s are easy to answer 20-25 lb line i prefer a 10-10'6 spin rod for easy and lots of casting for weight i just use pencil lead hallow core a ways up from the spinner/spoon for extra range tide id start at slack low and find any rocks you might want to avoid if you hook up and start fishing the incoming tide through high and into out going the fish move in and out with the water...

i know as of rite now im off sunday so if any one is going out there i would like to jump in with and i will find out today what my days off during the week are and i might be able to get out on one of them not shure though but deff. sunday. i am also off today if any one is still around and wants to do a day trip.

Last edited:
R
rum runner
and thanks again for the good info its cool that people are willing to give decent info and help out

J
JeannaJigs
screw that noise lol, I'm too accident prone to venture out on those rocks, I'd for sure end up maimed or worse, I'm overdue for a serious injury. Sadly though there's not a lot of access otherwise, until we get fish upriver... and then it's on like donkey kong up highway 36.

if you do fish the jetty or the rhody rocks, I'd bump up the line to 30# CXX...It's not the place you want to "play out a fish", unless your intention is to give seals an easy meal.

R
rum runner
sounds good!

R
rum runner
seals are that bad down here to huh that sux lol thats what a pockets of marbles and rocks is for and a good slingshot in the hands of your net guy lol and good thing my spin rods got 20# cxx and my bait casters got 30# cxx also hahahah