Modify your vice for outdoor use....

J
jimmy
When I'm out for a few days I like to tie next to the river. It allows me to restock if I find something thats working & I'm running low, share and learn patterns from other tyiers, passes the time, and is just plain fun. (insert 'zen' comment here)

problem: where to set up the vice...

I've had a few ideas, and tried a few with success. It took a friend of mine in the suspended ceiling industry to roll his eyes and say "dude, let me go get something out of my truck....."

a simple vice conversion to fit your outdoor needs:

lagvice.jpg

folds up nice for transport too:

lagvice2.jpg

what is this you ask?

eye lag screw
13d9cee8-0985-4bb3-8ad0-1285a0d664b2_eyelag.jpg

they cost about 5 cents..

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
J
jimmy
Sinkline said:
How do you like that Regal clone vice? Jaws stay strong on it with time & use?

Randy

had it for years, tied hundreds on it. no regrets.

brandon4455
brandon4455
epic!! thanks for sharing jimmy

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Nifty idea, thanks for sharing.

F
FlyBum
Thanks, that's pretty crafty but I think it may only work with certain vices. I like to have my "C" clamp and a nice piece of Iron Wood :) That's what I take to Montana with me.

G
GDBrown
Great idea, now who says "Fly fishermen never share their secrets?" I don't tie much anymore but that is something I know others on the forum will be trying in a few months over on the "Big D". I really am ready for the sun to come out today!

GD

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
I
ICamel49
Randy:
It is a Crown Vise. I have had one for around 10 years and if I had to buy a vise, it would be that same one! My brother has a Renzetti Traveler, and prefers my Crown.

T
Trout-tacular!
Dredging around this forum always produces. Golden idea, thanks for sharing Jimmy.

Top Bottom