Middle Fork bank fishing

A
AndSand
Hello everyone!

Decided to go check out the Middle Fork of the Willamette south of Springfield this week – not asking anyone to give away their secret spots but would really appreciate som general advice on where to find good bank fishing opportunities between Eugene/Springfield and Dexter Dam, which isn't ideal for someone like me just chucking hardware into the water.

Thanks for the help!

jamisonace
jamisonace
You might try exploring Elijah Bristo. There is access there and I don't see many bankies when I float through there.

A
AndSand
jamisonace said:
You might try exploring Elijah Bristo. There is access there and I don't see many bankies when I float through there.

Thanks! I've been looking at it on a map but it's been hard to determine the bank access. Any idea of whether the fishing is better there than around Clearwater and Jasper Parks?

jamisonace
jamisonace
I don't know. If this is a new area for you I suggest exploring all three.

hobster
hobster
jamisonace said:

Shhhhhhh:).

Good area, lots of room around there. Great advice

jamisonace
jamisonace
HAHA...I'm happy to give all sorts of advice when it's water I don't fish!

Floating through there is a different story. Very difficult fishing with almost no chance of success.

hobster said:
Shhhhhhh:).

Good area, lots of room around there. Great advice

R
rippin fish lips
jamisonace said:

Elijah can be good and it can't be cood at times. Good bank access with 7 miles of bank or sumthing like that. You have every type of water to fish there.

C
CrazyCaptainWillie
Was there yesterday - very confusing set of trails and found ourselves bushwhacking our way to the stream - no luck for target species but landed a very large sucker...

A
AndSand
Thanks for all the advice! Will be checking it out for my next fishing trip.

D
DirectDrive
The wife and I fished below the boat ramp below Dexter a few years ago.
It's a terminal fishery so it can be a circus.
We walked the trail and got a little separation from the crowd.

Drifting just an egg-sized bit of yarn we hooked 16 and landed 9.
Fair hooked.
Went back the next year and almost got skunked.

A
allforthefish
DirectDrive said:
The wife and I fished below the boat ramp below Dexter a few years ago.
It's a terminal fishery so it can be a circus.
We walked the trail and got a little separation from the crowd.

Drifting just an egg-sized bit of yarn we hooked 16 and landed 9.
Fair hooked.
Went back the next year and almost got skunked.
chinook or steel?

scched
scched
allforthefish said:
chinook or steel?
you're probably not going to get a response - looks like that member was last seen over a year ago. That said, I would assume chinook given the forum this is under, but just an assumption! tight lines & welcome to the forum