Metolius tomorrow

N
nwmike
heading to metolius tomorrow,got some dirty new jigs to try.1/16 oz steelhead jigs have always been good to me on the metolius looks almost like a stone fly but with more weight.the bend down from bridge 99 has been a producer for me the last two trips i will let everyone know how i do tomorrow

F
FlyBum
Sweet! I'll be out there as well :)

N
nwmike
the weather is going to be nice should be decent fishing.let us know how you do tomorrow.good luck.

F
FlyBum
Ya will do, just a quick question. Are you a cable installer over here in CO?

N
nwmike
no i do construction

N
nwmike
fished for 4 hours and got a couple of nice bows but no bulls

F
FlyBum
Never made it out there :(

O
OnTheDrop
nwmike said:
fished for 4 hours and got a couple of nice bows but no bulls

Nice Job ! When you use those jigs do you run 'em under a small float on a spin rod? Or do you use a fly rod? 'Cause I know its open to either option below the bridge...Im quite interested.

N
nwmike
i use a 1/16 oz steelhead stalker float with the 1/16 oz aero jigs.the hackle jigs in the natural colors like black brown and green work great on the bulls and bows.the pinks and more vibrant colors work well on the bows but not so much the bulls.i have caught bulls with the 1/8 and 1/4 oz jigs too.i use steelhead gear on the metolius when targeting the bulls.

S
steelhead_slayer
i think your talking steelmonkillers language now

O
OnTheDrop
steelhead_slayer said:
i think your talking steelmonkillers language now

Hahaha. You got that right man. I still got to get a bull on my fly rod. I think im gunna go spend this sunny day put there..i find myself not really taking out my spin gear much over here but that sounds like a fun way to target some big trout considering bob'n'jig is my favorite technique for steels.. Thanks for sharing.