McKenzie Redsides

L
lilsalmon
Dave and I floated the McKenzie with Brian Marz. We had never floated this section before so we were pretty excited. Watched some salmon spawning and observed numerous bald eagles. The weather was perfect and we both got into nice trout. This is a video of me that I didn't know was being shot. Check out these beautiful fish. Another day on the river with great company and successful C&R.......

DSC00574.JPG

Reactions: waco
S
Santiam338
Way cool...Best fishing of the year is right now on the Mac..

B
bigsteel
that was a great float,lots of nice fish epecially you with the hot hand,3 over 18"...yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
that video turned out great:clap::clap::clap: im ready to go again

Last edited:
Troutski
Troutski
Very Sweet, thanks for sharing... great video and I loved the underwater shots. Beautiful Fish...!!!

Chuck

Reactions: lilsalmon
J
jabs67
Looks like a ton of fun. :clap::clap::clap: Awesome!!!!

A
alm21
Way to go, looks like a beautiful day on the water. It's so impressive to see the eagles, especially when they pluck those trout out of the water.

E
eggs
very cool!

D
DYJ
We have seen a lot of Eagles this year on the Mac and Willamette, I'm sure it's cause I have the boat and cover a lot more water. We've seen two dive and come up with fish.

That was a good video. What weight fly rods do you use for them? I would like to buy some entry level fly gear and start trout hunting with some flies....

B
bigsteel
we were using 4 and 5 weight rods,that one fish took rose all the way into her backing,Brian had to row hard to catch up and get line back on the reel.

R
rippin fish lips
Nice fish rose. I love that river... Looks like it's time to start chasing the nates around again.
Thanks for sharing. I was tryin to figure out what stretch that was :p But it was too hard to tell! lol.

I have a good idea of what one i may be ttho :p I wont tell anyoneeee

F
FlyBum
Well done down there!! Nice healthy fish! Those fish sure were on the eggy. :)

S
steelhead_slayer
That looks awesome

B
bigsteel
FlyBum said:
Well done down there!! Nice healthy fish! Those fish sure were on the eggy. :)
see buddy the valley can produce LOL

O
Outdrsmn
Brian is awesome! Wish he still had his flie shop.

L
lilsalmon
Thanks everyone. I love the Mac and Willy. Any fish caught is exciting but when you get into ones like that it makes it even more memorable.

L
lilsalmon
DYJ said:
We have seen a lot of Eagles this year on the Mac and Willamette, I'm sure it's cause I have the boat and cover a lot more water. We've seen two dive and come up with fish.

That was a good video. What weight fly rods do you use for them? I would like to buy some entry level fly gear and start trout hunting with some flies....

At one point there was also 2 vultures watching us from a tree. When I had a fish on and was bringing it to the boat it came up out of the water and spit the fly.....seconds later one of the vultures swooped down along the water....I don't think the trout realized how lucky he was.....

T
TTFishon
Very nice video Rose!!!