Lower D fishing tomorrow

T
troutslayer48
Just going for the day to do some wading, no luck fishing for steels has me anxious to catch some trout. if anyone knows any good spots for hiking in, or would like to join me tomorrow. please let me know. leaving pdx around 630-7 back around the same.

F
flipper
Good luck out there man! I'm contemplating hitting the lower portion too on Saturday for some trout, but like you don't know exactly where good spots are (would be my first time as I am new to the Bend area).

Tight lines out there, wish I could join ya!

T
troutslayer48
Thanks, ill let you know how it goes.

N
nwmike
follow the river access road towards shear falls you will see camp sites all along the road you can stop and fish.if you go down far enough the road will turn to gravel tons of good water all along the road to fish.the access road runs up river to but will end at locked gate.if you go that way you will have to hike in from that point.my only advice is to not stay in one spot to long if its not productive because you can drive just a little further down river and find more great water.good luck i hope you can get into some nice fish

F
FlyBum
The better trout water is up river from the bridge. You can park and fish anywhere along the road, except in front of the houses across from the Oasis hotel and restaurant. Same goes for down stream you can park and fish about anywhere, just make sure you pretty off the road in either case.

T
troutslayer48
thank you! responses appreciated! ill let you know how things go