Look who's starting to dial in...

C
ChezJfrey
1 - 2 today on the Wilson...

2012-03-03_16-17-10_159.jpg

After landing my first hookup, I hooked another 5 casts later...that one got off after about 20 seconds, though.

This one took a good ol' spoon.

Oh, BTW, tried much more drifting today than normal just to expand my skillset...nuthin'. Either I just don't get it, or I'm just stubborn, but as soon as I switched back to my comfort zone, I got some action :)

Saw another guy land a nice hatchery hen earlier in the day....probably in the range of 12-15 lbs.

Last edited:
S
Santiam338
Very nice...Looks like dinner is served..

Congrats..

W
waco
Congrats man! We saw you in the wilson around noon!

C_Run
C_Run
Way to go, you're on a roll. You need to update you bio on your profile now.:clap:

F
Finneus Polebender
See what happens when ya put in the time , paydirt ! nice one.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
C
ChezJfrey
Finneus Polebender said:
See what happens when ya put in the time , paydirt ! nice one.

Put in the time...ain't that the truth! An inordinate amount of time :)

I've been debating posting an additional detail because, well, it's hard on my ego to keep describing my clueless tendencies....hehehehe. But, what the heck...

So this particular cast, I launched the spoon out, but merely flipped the bail closed with my free hand and let it drift down into the likely spot keeping just enough tension to raise it slightly off the bottom. Since I hadn't actually reeled at all, I didn't notice that the line wasn't nestled in the notch, but rather resting against the bail wire. Of course, when I felt the bump and snapped to set the hook...thump, thump, thump, thump, as the line flipped through the bail. Oh no...I reeled up the slack, expecting nothing at this point, but fish was on and actually stuck.

Upon landing, I noticed the fish nearly swallowed the 1/2 oz. spoon and the hook was deep in the mouth, so that fish wasn't likely gonna shake that one :)

So, the next subsequent casts, I verified that the line placed correctly and when I felt the second fish bump, I freakin' nailed that hookset. Twenty seconds later, that fish somehow spits the hook. LOL, the irony of a flubbed hookset gets the fish and the seemingly solid hookup escapes...go figure :)

M
metalfisher76
Good stuff! Lot`s of weird hook-ups this season. Noyce feesh buddy!