Look out Trillium!!!

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Got my new tube ready to go, my buddy has his new kayak ready to go and we are heading up early tomorrow to show those trout a thing or two.

Hoping to have plenty of beautiful trout pictures to post.

bass
bass
ColoradoTroutMan said:
Got my new tube ready to go, my buddy has his new kayak ready to go and we are heading up early tomorrow to show those trout a thing or two.

Hoping to have plenty of beautiful trout pictures to post.

Best of luck! I am looking forward to your report.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Mission accomplished.

My buddy and I arrived at the lake around 7:00 am and we on the water shortly after. I tied on a #8 Black Crystal Bugger and started my slow drag. He was using spinners for a bit and then tied on a clear bubble with a Black Wooly bugger. After just a few hours on the water we both had caught around a dozen fish each ranging from 8" - 12". One person on the lake caught a HUGE 8lb Bow. It was the biggest bow I had ever seen.

We left the water around 10am as it was getting breezy and crowded. Here are a few picks of the trip (one is a bit dark).

My favorite place in Oregon, on the water at Trillium

Me.

My Buddy.

A few of the fish I caught.

So new tube, rod, reel and kayak all christened. I love the smell of trout in the morning......smells like victory.

On a side note, if anyone is considering getting a tube to do some fishing I HIGHLY recommend the Cumberland tube I just bought. It was a definite upgrade over my Togiak which is a good tube in it's own right. The Cumberland sat high and kept me dry and when aimed into the wind cut through it with relative ease for a tube. Anyway enough with my commercial.

Had an awesome time and looking forward to getting up there again.

Tight lines!!

Last edited by a moderator:
S
Smellsfishy
Nice post Coloradptroutman. I was at Trillium today with MY Cumberland tube. Only my 2nd time using it, and its WAY better than the old-school donut tube.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
NICE!!!! How did you do?

S
Smellsfishy
ColoradoTroutMan said:
NICE!!!! How did you do?

C&R'd between 10-12 stocker trout, with 1 nice 16" fatty in 3hrs. good times!

T
TOJIACK FLOATMAN
Nice chunky bows for their length . Can picture one of them frying in some bacon grease with some camp taters and eggs for a nice late mornin shore breakfast . I know that C & R is the hororable thing to do and I practice it on a regular basis , but every now and then I let my stomach do my thinkin for me :D

S
Seahawkfan
TOJIACK FLOATMAN said:
Nice chunky bows for their length . Can picture one of them frying in some bacon grease with some camp taters and eggs for a nice late mornin shore breakfast . I know that C & R is the hororable thing to do and I practice it on a regular basis , but every now and then I let my stomach do my thinkin for me :D

Stocked trout in that lake are meant to be kept. The lake is shallow and can not sustain the number of trout stocked each year. That water warms up early forcing trout to depth early. I know there is hold overs there but not many due to heat and Ice. I get the CnR thing but think it depends on where and what you are fishing.

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Seahawkfan said:
Stocked trout in that lake are meant to be kept. The lake is shallow and can not sustain the number of trout stocked each year. That water warms up early forcing trout to depth early. I know there is hold overs there but not many due to heat and Ice. I get the CnR thing but think it depends on where and what you are fishing.

There are plenty of people who keep the fish and I disagree with your stance on C&R.