List of fly fishing-only water?

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
I'm trying to find a list of fly-only locations in Oregon & Washington. Can anyone point me in the right general direction?

F
FlyBum
Look through the regulations, don't know if you'll find a "Fly only" list on line

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
FlyBum said:
Look through the regulations, don't know if you'll find a "Fly only" list on line

That has been the result so far! I just figured it would make sense if there were such a thing.

Huh.

Wait a MINUTE. What if I put a list together and posted it on the INTERNET? Instagram sold to Facebook for $1 billion today. Comparatively speaking, this should be worth, what? $250 mil?

I'm on it.

F
FlyBum
pinkygonzales said:
That has been the result so far! I just figured it would make sense if there were such a thing.

Huh.

Wait a MINUTE. What if I put a list together and posted it on the INTERNET? Instagram sold to Facebook for $1 billion today. Comparatively speaking, this should be worth, what? $250 mil?

I'm on it.

Alright:clap:

That settles it then, I get half though, and royalties for planting the seed of inspiration!

Last edited:
pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
You got yourself a deal there, buckaroo. As soon as *we* land the $250m, half of it is yours.

This is gonna be yooouge.
</donald trump>

G
GDBrown
There are 10 locations listed in the 2012 regs that are restricted to "Fly Angling Only" and I found that by searching the online regs for that term. Easy to do and informative because in all cases it includes the restriction of barbless hooks and no weight of any kind may be added.

Sorry to burst the bubble but you can't use those there either.

GD

M
Mad dog
pinkygonzales said:
I'm trying to find a list of fly-only locations in Oregon & Washington. Can anyone point me in the right general direction?

Gold lake, North Umpqua, the upper Rogue during sept. and Oct., Davis lake, fall river to name a few. I know of C&R waters that are restricted to artifical flies or lures that would put these fly only water to shame!

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
GDBrown said:
TSorry to burst the bubble but you can't use those there either.

Thanks GD - and no worries. I'm going to to be able to buy them into submission with my half of the $250 mil.

V
Van
Mad dog said:
I know of C&R waters that are restricted to artifical flies or lures that would put these fly only water to shame!

That wasn't the question though.

F
FlyBum
Generally when they make "Fly Only" waters they are trying to maintain, restore or both for a population of fish.