Lake access closed June 15-25th!

G
GDBrown
I was at the lake on friday and stopped in the campground before going up the hill. While visiting with the camp host and an ODF ranger I learned that the Oregon National Guard will be rebuilding the parking lot and improving the access near the lake. They will have the roads to the lake blocked at SR campground & on the logging road going the other way. You can still fish the lake but it will be hike in only, no boat access will be allowed while they are working on the parking area. I may go down and see if they would be willing to remove a few of the trees from the lake so boats can access the lake without having to jump over logs to do it, like we had to do. What a pain! Literally.

GD

C
colt
I'd say take a chainsaw and get to cutting :) Nothing wrong with a little "clean-up" if you ask me:lol:

T
TimberTodd
Thanks for the heads up on the closure Gene. Did you have any luck Friday? I'm going to try and hit it one afternoon this week.

G
GDBrown
I caught nothing but rain! Will try again before the 15th.

ScottyD
ScottyD
First post on OFF!

Looks like the work crews started early. I stopped by the lake today after work and the main road is already closed. The sign posted said it would be closed June 12th to the 25th. But, you could still access and fish the lake if you want to drive in via Quartz Creek road and fire lane 5. Never tried that, but looks like a long rough ride when I looked it up on google maps.

Decided to toss a line in the Nehalem around Spruce Run park just so the evening wasn't a total bust. Didn't expect much, but ended up hooking into a few smaller (8") rainbows stripping a black bugger.

-Scott

T
TimberTodd
Welcome to OFF Scott. Thanks for posting the update on the closure. It saved me a trip tomorrow afternoon with my Nucanoe. Glad to see you were still able to wet a line.

J
Jimbo_Slice
Has anyone been up to Lost lake the last few days? A friend of mine went up on 6/26 and the road was still closed off. I'm hoping to get up there asap to try and catch some of the pounders that just got stocked up there.

T
TimberTodd
I drove up last Thursday afternoon thinking it would be open. The road was still barracaded and the sign said it was closed till the 30th of June. It should be open now. I am planning on going up next Tuesday.

G
GDBrown
Bump. Is it open yet? I'm wanting to go again but I don't want to drag the boat all that way and not get to use it.

GD

B
Big3d
The ODFW Rec report says it's open again

T
TimberTodd
I will be finding out tomorrow morning. I'm picking up a friend and his kayak around 5:30. I will post a report tomorrow afternoon/evening. Hope to see you up there Gene.

G
GDBrown
Thanks,

GD

T
TimberTodd
My buddy and I were on the water around 7:00 this morning. Logs were blocking lake access so I had to shove them to the side. All I can say is fishing was great but catching sucked. I had 2 good hits. I tried buggers, nymphs dries and wets. Besides us there was a father son team in a john boat fishing powerbait who landed a few and a guy on a toon. Not sure how he did. There were fish jumping all around the lake. We fished till noon and called it a day. Good luck when you go Gene.
Todd