Kilchis River report

EOBOY
EOBOY
Hooked up with Tanner this morning. We slept in to let the rivers drop. We headed up the Kilchis and put in at the park and the water was good. We caught a couple and turned them loose One nate and 1 snake going back to the big blue. Oh, and I seem to attract cuts so there was a couple of those. Ben was bummed because his new cast real did something weird. The Native was a fighter! Good fish. Chuck a guy I told about Tanner hooked a couple. One got wrapped in the line and turned into a log. We got to a split in the river and Chuck couldn't stop it from going to the left as we went right. The line snapped and almost cold cocked Chuck and I and Chuck was pulling so hard to save it he fell back into his set. Pretty funny.

Had another great day and hear some others from OFF will get the Tanner treatment very soon. The water should be great for you guys. We had no luck at all on the Wilson.

Dana

• kilchis2.jpg
  • kilchis.jpg
Reactions: eugene1
M
montym
Can't wait to get that treatment :) what is a snake?

EOBOY
EOBOY
The fish on the left is skinny and it's head is drooping and it's dark which means it has done it's thing and is headed back to the ocean. The one one the right is bright and fat just coming into the river. Just learned that today so don't feel bad.

M
montym
Thanks. If I felt bad about the things I don't understand in this forum I would need a full time shrink to keep me sane :). Not reading these posts is definitely not an option. When I first joined this forum last year I had to Google almost every other word.

Cheers
M

Last edited:
E
eugene1
Looks like a sweet trip!

You guys can feel free to ask questions about what things mean in any threads too, by the way!

We all started at some point.

EOBOY said:
The fish on the left is skinny and it's head is drooping and it's dark which means it has done it's thing and is headed back to the ocean. The one one the right is bright and fat just coming into the river. Just learned that today so don't feel bad.

montym said:
Thanks. If I felt bad about the things I don't understand in this forum I would need a full time shrink to keep me sane :). Not reading these posts is definitely not an lotion. When I first joined this forum last year I had to Google almost every other word.

Cheers
M

B
Big3d
Eo, looks like you had a good time as usual! Congrats. I have trouble with cutties in that river too, no matter what I use.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Tanner always gets it done. Sounds like it was a fun day. Dang, I miss that river. I need to get back up there.

S
SteelieC
" We got to a split in the river and Chuck couldn't stop it from going to the left as we went right. The line snapped and almost cold cocked Chuck and I and Chuck was pulling so hard to save it he fell back into his set. Pretty funny."
Dana[/QUOTE]

What does cold cocked mean? Not sure I'm following your report... thanks

EOBOY
EOBOY
When a leader snaps and a 1/2 oz. lead comes flying back at you at the speed of light you better hope it doesn't hit you in the face or you'll get "cold cocked", Knocked out! If it's never happened to you you're not using light enough leaded.....just kidding about that.

Dana

EOBOY
EOBOY
light enough leader

S
SteelieC
Got it, EOBOY! Thanks for the follow up. Glad I haven't experienced that one yet!
-
SteelieC

EOBOY
EOBOY
SteelieC said:
Got it, EOBOY! Thanks for the follow up. Glad I haven't experienced that one yet!
-
SteelieC

Last year I had a Salmon on and it got wrapped in the line and the line snapped and the Split shot hit me in the left eye. Luckily my glasses didn't shatter. 40 years ago I was fishing for Bass on the Willy and a Steelie picked up my worm and made about a 10 foot run before my 6 lb. line snapped. The split shot hit me right in the center of my forehead knocked me on my butt. My buddie wasn't very helpful he was busy rolling on the ground laughing. Talk about combat fishing.

Dana

my2labs
my2labs
EOBOY said:
Last year I had a Salmon on and it got wrapped in the line and the line snapped and the Split shot hit me in the left eye. Luckily my glasses didn't shatter. 40 years ago I was fishing for Bass on the Willy and a Steelie picked up my worm and made about a 10 foot run before my 6 lb. line snapped. The split shot hit me right in the center of my forehead knocked me on my butt. My buddie wasn't very helpful he was busy rolling on the ground laughing. Talk about combat fishing.

Dana

I hooked my dad in the eyeball, yes actually in the eye BALL, when I was a boy while casting a weighted shooting head after steelhead. He didn't lose his vision but still has very small pieces of the hook in it.

I always tell him to remember that I have good aim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk