Kayak floats

brandon4455
brandon4455
Does anyone know of any mild winter steelhead floats on any of the coastal systems that would be okay for a kayak? i was hoping to do a float with a friend after new years possibly.. i was thinking about the nestucca because it doesn't look too fast but that's just based on what ive seen from the bank ive never floated it before.

Brandon

C_Run
C_Run
I have a friend who catches salmon and steelhead from a canoe over at the Nestucca but I don't know where he goes exactly. I could find out.

C
Coastaldweller
Tenmile creek is a blast from a flotation device. Very slow moving water through the Oregon dunes. Could also hit the steelhead tourney in January:)

K
Keith
Brandon,

The Nestucca would be a great float.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Keith said:
Brandon,

The Nestucca would be a great float.

what part of the river would be the best? ive never fished the nestucca below hebo so i don't know that area but i was thinking about launching at farmers

K
Keith
I do not know it that well, yet. I do not even know where Farmers would be.... but I may have been there and didn't get the name.... Just got the place down there and I am now learning the river. (I have spent the last 10 years in C. Oregon and the Cascades.) I just know it is mostly flat down below Hebo, I am going to float it in my toon. That is the area I'll be over the next weekend and I would love to see if we could do some casting together.

brandon4455
brandon4455
might be able to next weekend, depends on my liscense and tags situation, hopefully getting them pretty quick. ill shoot you a pm if im out that way