Jealous much?? Cont.

H
HereFishy
Before anyone mentions it... I know I shouldn't have taken it out of the water.. My buddy WOULD NOT stop egging me on to pose for a picture.. Usually, if I know it's to be released, I'll stand knee deep in the water with my hemostats and the fish is out of the water for only a few seconds. So to all the purists and conservationists out there; Sorry.. Here's the picture I was content with..

• image.jpg
GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I caught one about that size on an ultra light trout rod fishing worms for bass a few years ago. Was fun fight for a couple minutes.

H
HereFishy
This guy (or girl.. Not sure how to sex a white sturgeon), just sat there.. Twice when I was "fighting" it, I had to stop reeling just to make sure it was a fish I was landing and not a stick off of the bottom.. Only when it was about 15 feet from shore did it START to put up a fight.. I think I heard somewhere that the low current flow is really messing with the sturgeon right now.. Come to think of it.. I think it was a thread on this forum..

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
As long as you released it and it swam away, it should be okay. :) But, next time man up to your buddy and educate him on the right way to treat the fish. :think: Just sayin'...

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
That is by far the cutest little sturgeon I've ever seen and cutest is not in my vocabulary. I just had to describe your fish that way.

Sturgeon are hardy fish much like catfish. Unlike trout, they can survive out of water for some time.