Interesting morning at Alton Baker.

plumbertom
plumbertom
I got to the canal just before Ten am, thinking that the stocking truck ought to be along shortly.
While waiting, I tossed out a barbless hook with a little rainbow PowerBait.
Surprisingly, the bait wasn't in the water more than two minutes, I had hardly settled in to my chair, before it was hit.
So I landed and released the small trout, then put out a fresh ball of bait, and again it was hit almost immediately.
Now, at this point, I'm thinking the stocking truck had gotten there early, as I'm getting a steady bite, but about a quarter of eleven here come the truck and dumped its load of fresh stockers in the canal.
It was wide open fishing, and they were aggressively biting everything I tossed out.
I caught a number of fish on harlequin Kastmasters and Thomas Buoyant spoons. Never got around to tossing spinners, as the spoons were doing the job.
Anyway, I lost count of how many fish I tossed back.
So it was entertaining fishing and there were bunches of tiny ducklings swimming about and huge numbers of goslings running around as well.
So if you get the chance, take the kiddies out to fish and feed the geese and ducks.
But please don't feed them bread, it's not good for them. Get proper feed if you want to do that.

Reactions: TheKnigit, troutdude, Wheredafishat? and 1 other person
troutdude
troutdude
Sounds like a good day. I do wish, however, that ODFW would plant some bigger fish. All that are listed on the stocking schedule are dinks.

Reactions: plumbertom