If there's anyone who hasn't seen this

K
Komatoast
Skin and clean a trout in about a minute.
[video]https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=451719354985795&pnref=story[/video]

plumbertom
plumbertom
Looks slick enough.

P
playhooky
Well.....it always seems somebody's got a better mousetrap. I've cleaned countless trout of every size but not once have I skinned one prior to cooking it. Gotta say.....that looks like a pretty sweet way to peel a trout. Be interesting to know how the guy cooks em. I always found it easier to pull the skin off after I put the fire to em.....but, I might just have to give this method a go. I kinda like it! Thanks for sharing the vid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M
montym
Don't you folks eat the skin? It does add a lot of flavor.

Cheers
M

T
Throbbit _Shane
montym said:
Don't you folks eat the skin? It does add a lot of flavor.

Cheers
M

I do if it's pan fried and crispy.

J
Jdangler xD
I don't eat the skin haha. I didn't know that was a thing

D
Denduran87
Throbbit _Shane said:
I do if it's pan fried and crispy.

same here! When I clean them i like to run my fingers along the spine to peel the meat from the bones. Trout are such a pain to eat with the bones still intact.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I have always cooked trout whole (head not required), either fried up in a skillet, baked in an oven, or wrapped in foil and cooked on campfire coals. Then I fillet OFF each side starting from the tail using a fork to help flake the meat off the backbone. the result is every bone leaves with the backbone and you lose none of the meat...and trout have no scales so eat the skin or not, it is an individual decision...cheers, roger

K
Komatoast
I like to butterfly my trout, either cajun style or simple lemon pepper. :thumb:

D
DrTheopolis
rogerdodger said:
trout have no scales

HAHAHA!

Roger has been eating bullheads and calling them "trout."

While the scales are small compared to many other fish, they certainly have them.

D
Denduran87
DrTheopolis said:
HAHAHA!

Roger has been eating bullheads and calling them "trout."

While the scales are small compared to many other fish, they certainly have them.

You know what he means by none that flake off or make eating not enjoyable. Not a fish that needs to be scaled to cook that's for sure. Anybody try this thing at all?