If it hasn't already been said

N
nwkiller
Wild coho season closes on Siuslaw, Yaquina and Nestucca rivers

October 6, 2011

NEWPORT, Ore. ‑ The wild coho salmon season in the Siuslaw, Yaquina and Nestucca rivers will close at the end of the day Sunday, Oct. 9. ODFW fish biologists are predicting that’s when anglers will have caught the wild adult coho quotas of 900, 575 and 200 fish, respectively
The rivers will remain open to adipose fin-clipped hatchery coho under permanent regulations and for chinook salmon under temporary regulations adopted earlier this year.
The three rivers, along with several other coastal river basins, opened to the harvest of wild coho Sept. 15. ODFW opened the fishery to provide harvest opportunity on projected large return of wild coho. The fisheries are guided by a Fishery management and Evaluation Plan previously submitted to and approved by NOAA Fisheries.
“Anglers were looking forward to the wild coho season on these rivers and I think their expectations were met with some great fishing early in the season,” said Derek Wilson, ODFW fish biologist in Newport.
Wilson added that biologists are closely monitoring catch rates on all the wild coho fisheries and that the Alsea could close to wild coho by early next week. Anglers should watch for signs at boat launches or call the Newport district office at (541) 265-8306 ext. 236 or the Tillamook district office (503) 842-2741 for the latest updates.

N
nwkiller
can a mod fix my header to say....if it hasnt already been said

J
JeannaJigs
Ho season be over.

N
nwkiller
lol, yep...... is it past striper* season? i guarantee more nookie....so long ho's (until the dam drops..;);):D)

J
JeannaJigs
I got schooled on callin' 'em "nookie" changed the title of my thread and everything :naughty:. but hos are alright? LOL

You didn't hear it from me, but some hos are looking at lakefront property this week.

...and I think it's not striper* season until like spring? stripers like warmth.

A
alseaalumaweld
no ho no ho no ho boat a ho i shall not go