Idiot or innovative

F
Fisher
I drifted from Barton to Carver with a guide a couple years ago in a drift boat. I own a 12 foot aluminum Seaking with a 9.9hp outboard and a 50lb trolling motor. Would I be foolish to attempt to make this run? I feel I already know the answer but would like opinions from those regularly on that water.

Thanks in advance.

H
Herefishyfishy
Do not even try it!

F
Fisher
Yeah, that's what I thought. I appreciate the feedback.

F
FishFinger
Perhaps 20 years ago a friend and I did a Feb float on the same stretch; in a 12' zodiak. We survived. Once was enough for me. I'd vote, bad idea.

F
Fisher
The word "survived" tells me enough to keep the SeaKing in the lake.

- Thanks

T
troutmasta
Wear a life vest and go for it!

Also, Take a waterproof video camera and, (most importantly) stap it to your body.

Then upload said footage-

Please.

M
meluvtrout

Reactions: JeannaJigs
J
Jiggy
12' boat+50 horse+ 9.9 horse motor= some really funny video footage! Like someone said before me" don't forget the video cam", in HD PLEASE! But start the video as you roll that monstrosity off of the trailer! I have a 16' smoker, with a 40 horse, 4 horse kicker. It's almost too much for the rear of the boat, you'll probably sink strait to the bottom, not so good for you bro, but the vid would be epic. Just playing, but really, get the right boat, right motor combo, don't want to see anybody die.

D
DrTheopolis
No, you can't do that drift in that boat.

But you can fish around the boat ramps at those parks. Always head upstream, and don't try to go up any crazy rapids. Lots of water around Barton and Carver to fish.

F
Fisher
50lb trolling motor and 9.9 hp motor, and I agree the video would be great if I wasn't in the boat:yikes:

S
schwinndigley
troutmasta said:
Wear a life vest and go for it!

Also, Take a waterproof video camera and, (most importantly) stap it to your body.

Then upload said footage-

Please.

the dissenting voice.