I know its crazy lookn...

R
rum runner
i know i said it was a secret in a nother poast but you dont make friends with secrets and im not in washington where people can slay the lings like we did up there but this is the jig i was talkn about i know its seams a little crazy to say i love this thing but its almost snag resistant not proof no such thing haha but out of 6 packs of them iv only lost 3-4 of them on snags the others were shredded or broke off by fish... hope some one tries them out before i do down here and has the same positive reaction as me and my buddy did! we were using the 6" version.

http://www.rapala.com/WildEye-Live-...default,pd.html?start=27&cgid=storm-softbaits

Reactions: steelhead_slayer
B
bythesea
Thanks,for the show 'n' tell it doesn't look crazy at all to me.I think it's all about personal preference myself I use GULP grubs cause they get me fish...not to say that I won't get some next time I'm in eugene though,,,:cool:

S
steelhead_slayer
:clap::clap::clap: thanks for sharing

R
rum runner
iv never been able to find them in stores i bought out the one in tacoma when i found them and never seen them since but i havent lookd at cabellas yet and i know they have storm baits there

G
GTappan
Thanks, but how do you rig them?

R
rum runner
i just rig them up like any other jig... 50lb braid and i usually use them on a bait caster rod with a med-heavy action in the 9-10 foot range so you have plenty of rod for the big lings and to help get them up out of the holes on the jetty's and ill just cast up or down the side of the rocks and fish them really slow and keep them just off the bottom and if im fishing open water like off the flats in depoe bay ill just sling them as far as i can or find the kelp beds close to shore and same thing slow retrieve and give them a little twitch here and there or if you find a good pocket against the rocks ill jig them in it a few times to see if any thing is home...