Hult log storage pond???

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
anyone ever fished this pond? online it says the lake holds lake trout? what species of lake trout? and it says white bass??? does anyone know anything about this place? if so..... please share

dustin

S
Spydeyrch
HuntsandFishes said:
anyone ever fished this pond? online it says the lake holds lake trout? what species of lake trout? and it says white bass??? does anyone know anything about this place? if so..... please share

dustin

Not sure, but I think this is what you are looking for:

Hult Log Storage Pond

Supposedly it is near Junction City, OR.

-Spydey

troutdude
troutdude
A log pond won't hold any true lake trout (mackinaw). But, here is what John Shewey reports in his book, "The Complete Angler's Guide to Oregon". (see link below)

I've eyeballed it on the map; but have never been there. Is anyone up for a float tube trip?

Does anyone know, if it's PRIVATE or public?

http://books.google.com/books?id=A_...GcQ6AEwATgK#v=onepage&q=hult log pond&f=false

SIDEBAR: here is some interesting history, of the Hult Lumber Company.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat=19620225&id=hvtVAAAAIBAJ&sjid=3OIDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3624,4407763

Last edited:
S
Spydeyrch
troutdude said:
Does anyone know, if it's PRIVATE or public?

I think that it is public. It is surrounded by BLM land, and even has an undeveloped campground. I don't know for sure though if it is public or private, just a hunch. :)

-Spydey

troutdude
troutdude
I think I'll call Lane County Parks & Rec; and see what I can decipher.

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
hey thanks for the info guys, it really helped me out with information on how to hi-jack someones post.:mad:

S
Spydeyrch
HuntsandFishes said:
hey thanks for the info guys, it really helped me out with information on how to hi-jack someones post.:mad:

Well, as I see it, the majority of the info that you requested was shared, was it not? I gave you a link showing you where it is located. TD gave you a link to a book that gives even more info. In fact that info states which fish are located there, how to get there, camping options, boating options, etc. I see all this as pertinent info regarding your original question and request for assistance. Is it not? At what point did we hi-jack the thread?

If you really were intent on going there and visiting the pond, would you not need to know where it is located? Would you not need to know if it was private land or public access? What about if you can use a boat or only non-motorized water craft? Would not all that help you in your endeavor to fish this location? Perhaps it is true that you didn't exactly ask for that info. Yes, you didn't specifically ask: "Is this water public access or private?" But there is a saying: Don't sniff a gift fish ( a little Pat McManus reference there :D). TD was just sharing more info to better help you. If you don't want it, don't take it and leave it at that.

To answer your original questions/requests:

anyone ever fished this pond?

I haven't.

online it says the lake holds lake trout?

It appears that it does. Check out TD's link.

what species of lake trout?

Again, check out TD's link.
and it says white bass???

I doubt it but again, check out TD's link.

does anyone know anything about this place?

Not too much. You could check out TD's link though. :D

if so..... please share

Um ... yeah ... tried to do that.

-Spydey

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Wow. Yeah. I'm rather stupefied here too Spydey.

Huntandfishes...just exactly how was your thread hi-jacked?

B
B.W.SINNER
its definetly not private im havin a hard time believeing the web site that says it has lake trout and white bass because that same site also says there are brown trout in the siuslaw lol but ive seen people fishing and camping at hult log pond

bass
bass
As Troutdude said in his post and the link he posted indicated, there no lake trout in Hult pond. The article lists Hult pond as having cutthroat's, brown bullhead, bluegill, some largemouth and a few wild rainbows.

Thus there are trout in the pond, but not Lake trout (no Mackinaws). Once again just reaffirming what Troutdude said in terms of answering the original question.

1 nut in the water
I took my first ever trip there last week and landed a few small largemouth and a baby cutt. There were several camps and their music and conversations could be heard across the entire pond.
It appears to be heavily used and i spoke with another fisherman that said the bass fishery used to be pretty good.