How to setup up powerbait for trout fishing

PK Yi
PK Yi
thought I'd share this for those who want an alternative to setup a rig for trout fishing. this method has really worked well for me fishing from the bank for trout. I mainly use powerbait. it's the same setup I use when I troll too. it's simple and effective.

Reactions: Iki Jime
B
bubs
Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen his channel before. After only 10 min or so of watching, have already seen a couple things I want to try.

G
Gulfstream
Looks like the bite was pretty hot!Nice post as usual.You need to get some knee high boots to keep you wheels dry!Thanks for the 411

troutdude
troutdude
Gulfstream said:
You need to get some knee high boots to keep you wheels dry!

LOL I had the same thought!

Another nice video Sammy. Thanks for posting.

I
Iki Jime
Hey, you're PK on Youtube? I'm subscribed to your channel. Great info!

James

bass
bass
Great video again Sammy!

You always make me feel like I am out there with you!

I
Iki Jime
bass said:
Great video again Sammy!

You always make me feel like I am out there with you!

It's the Gopro camera and good narration while shooting :thumb:

S
Stonefish
Nice video.
Never though of using Powerbait that way.

Just a reminder for Washington anglers regarding fishing for trout with any type of bait.
You are done after you catch your five trout whether you keep or release them.
Lots of folks don't know that rule and I've seen several get citations over the past few years.
SF

PK Yi
PK Yi
ZenAntiHero3374 said:
Hey, you're PK on Youtube? I'm subscribed to your channel. Great info!

James

yup, that's me, PK's skunked fishing channel.

B
bubs
I did not realize in my first response that it was you in the video. Again, really good stuff and thanks for sharing.

Also, as a big fan/consumer of youtube (and a discriminating one at that), I have to say that with some minor modifications you could probably get many subscribers and make some money...No idea if that is a goal for you, but know that it is certainly possible.

PK Yi
PK Yi
bubs said:
I did not realize in my first response that it was you in the video. Again, really good stuff and thanks for sharing.

Also, as a big fan/consumer of youtube (and a discriminating one at that), I have to say that with some minor modifications you could probably get many subscribers and make some money...No idea if that is a goal for you, but know that it is certainly possible.

I do enable ads on my videos, but the earnings is abysmal. it's not something I see as making a living for me at all. if I live in say florida where the fishing is great, then I might have a chance. my channel is mainly about showing people my passion for fishing and offering tips & tricks.

Last edited:
G
Gulfstream
I appreciate the info you helped me with,FOR SURE!

troutdude
troutdude
Hey Sammy,

In this video, you appear to be using a silver/blue Little Cleo spoon. Just wondering if you have tried other lures, as attractors, like Z-ray's for example. If so, where those also effective?

PK Yi
PK Yi
troutdude said:
Hey Sammy,

In this video, you appear to be using a silver/blue Little Cleo spoon. Just wondering if you have tried other lures, as attractors, like Z-ray's for example. If so, where those also effective?

I tried the z-rays a couple times but remember switching back to the little cleo, and sticking with it ever since. it just seems the little cleo had a more obvious, erratic wobble than the z-ray; therefore giving the bait more action.

troutdude
troutdude
OK. Thanks. Had a hunch that, would be the case.

U
upstate88
Really neat set up, I am a big fan of a flash/bait combo and use a lot of swivels when fishing its cheap and there are a lot of advantages. I am really getting into berkley gulp and look forward to trying some for trout here pretty soon.