How fly line color affects fishing

S
sapo
Hey guys/gals! A topic that has been debated for so long by fly fisherman has actually been tested-by me and a couple of friends! This question is: How does fly line affect fishing? We conducted a very scientific experiment, being sure that we fished the exact same flies, etc. at multiple rivers, and the only thing we changed in this study was the line color. We found some very conclusive results about which fly line colors work the best, and it correlates exactly with how color is absorbed in water! SUPER excellent study we did, the only problem would be that we couldn't collect a ton a data...However, if you want to see which fly line colors work the best, check out my video! Here:

Tell me what you think! Thanks!

S
sapo
Turn up to 1080p for best quality.

S
sapo
If any of you guys watch this video, tell me what you think! Do you have ideas about which colors of line you think work best?

S
sapo
Wow! This video was apparently so good that another channel, on DailyMotion stole it! They took all the content in this video, and without asking for consent or credit, put it on their channel and put ads all over it just to make money. Really dumb people...sigh. Well, contacted DailyMotion and the copied video is being taken down. At least it means the video must be good! :lol:

S
Stonefish
Nice job on the video.
I like seeing young folks like yourself take your fishing research and knowledge to the level you have.

I have to admit, there are certain line colors I really like and others I'll never buy. All based on personal preference, lol.
I'm a gluten for clear intermediate lines myself.
SF

S
sapo
Thanks!
Yea, I really think that most fly fisherman just do a personal preference fly line color...I think that less than 10% of fly fisherman who are presented with this data that I found would really change the way they buy their fly line. However, if a couple people change to more successful fly lines that's better than none! Really, there haven't really been any studies on this, and I may continue this study in the future to maybe further prove what I've found.

S
Stonefish
Dark green worked today. :thumb:

H
halibuthitman
I have always liked white or olive green lines, but all the line makers assume we are all blind and make these insanely bright stupid blue or neon ass orange or yellow lines..... and I hate them.