Hooked and caught my first fish!

O
OnTheDrop
Awesomeee, man! Great story and a lifetime memory... I remember my first steelhead about 10 years ago like yesterday. Unfortunately it wasn't on the swing, or even a fly rod but wooohheee. An experience that changed my life. Take care and let the lines be tight.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great looking fish, meaty and shiny are a hard combination to beat. :clap: You are hooked! :D

F
FlyBum
MattZ said:
Back to gear? never been there before... whats that?;)

This really is my first steelhead ever... I haven't touched gear since I was 10.

Amen to that!! Great fish!

M
mgdguy
Nice!!! :clap:

M
MattZ
Got my second this morning on the fly... just after a boat pulled into my run, very satisfying!!! To the boat, don't pull into the bank anglers run, bad karma, you can have all the other runs.

this one is clipped, and gonna be grilled with a parsley citrus sauce and some carrots and squash!

C
ChezJfrey
MattZ said:
I worked hard for it, at least harder than ive ever had to work for fish. somewhere between 10 and 15 days before i even got a bite. lots of thinking about fly design, some adventurous wading, and a slice of luck. Loved every second of it.

Yep...and you're likely forever ruined for it now; you'll think of nothing else other than how to nab the next one! Congratulations and nice work.