Homemade livewell for under 20 bucks

T
tomriker
having a friendly get together at my place in a few weeks and decided i needed a livewell!
this is what i ended up with...
first picture i don't know what happend with the color on my phone.. weird.. but any ways that's what i started with! then once it was mostly put together, then filling it! im using a 500gph pump. takes 5 minutes to fill. i put the drain side only 3/4 of the way up the tank that way it doesn't need to be that full. somewhere i read that you need 1 gallon of water per pound of fish. i made it hold 30 gallons figured that's close enough and im not to worried about the extra 240 pounds in the boat. could always just use a smaller tote? all i need to do is hook it up to my battery with the alligator clamps, hang the pump over the side of the boat into the water and let it run! i like that's all self contained and light so when it's not full of water it will be easy to move and just take out of my boat most of the time when i don't want to use it. what do you guys think?
IMG_3044.jpgIMG_9137.jpgIMG_4389.jpg

T
TTFishon
Looks great!!!

B
Bassdad54
Looks like a good livewell

B
billfisher
Should do the job!

T
tomriker
thanks guys, im a little disappointed with the outlet drain, right now it's only a half inch, water pumps in faster than it can drain. i think ill make a bigger drain..

H
Hendo30
That puppy is sweet, Nice work. Now the question is, did you have to buy any parts to create this masterpiece or did you have everything laying around?

D
Darthbeans
Nice! should work wonderfully.

T
tomriker
had to buy the tote, and the fittings to go throught the wall of the tote, but that was like 3 dollars...

K
Kevinb5688
I use a tote like that, but i use suction cups to hold on my pump sprayer. That way if its heavy and i want to drain it i can put the pump in the tote and the sprayer in the lake and drain it. Great idea!
Just a tip for u as well. I mounted a clamp type holder on the outside of my boat to hold the pump underwater in one place, that way when i fire up the motor i dont have to worry about turning it off and putting it in the boat.
I used a cb raido mic holder and my pump slides and locks in place on it. I mounted it to where it is about 3 inches under water off the side of my boat. I also drilled a hole trough the back of my boat and ran a 1inch flex pipe for my drain. I used threded couplers so i can remove it and screw a cap on it if i dont bring the livewell.