Heart Attack Hole on Three Rivers

J
junk4jones
How do you get to the Heart Attack Hole? I keep reading about it but can't seem to piece together exactly where it is. I'm thinking somewhere between the hatchery and the S curves; do you drive across the bridge at the hatchery hole and follow that road?

P
plumb2fish
It's the deadline hole, just the opposite side of the river on the steep bank.

Last edited:
Reactions: steelhead_slayer
M
markasd
It is not the deadline hole. Cross bridge at hatchery, go up hill about 1/4 mile or so and you'll see the trail on the right. Bong as bad as everyone will tell ya. Easy to find... No secret either.

M
markasd
Didn't spell check, not sure how bong replaced "not as"??
Any how - not as bad - should have read.

P
plumb2fish
Cool, learn something new every day.....is it open water then, everything from the bridge to the upper end of the s curve is Closed according to signs at the bridge as well as on the tree at the upper end of the s corners.....

M
markasd
It is open, limited but open. Can only fish from that side if water and can only go up so far before its private again.

This is one of the worst situations of public fish/private water issues around. Have a tiny short creek like that with a hatchery on it and citizens are allowed to "close" access to fisher people..... Ok, done with short rant - sorry.

J
junk4jones
Is it still a rant if it's all true?

Thanks for the help. I found it. Nice water; I do wish I could hike/fish through more of it, though.

'Heart Attack' seems a tad hyperbolic, don't it?

Cheers!

H
halibuthitman
markasd said:
It is open, limited but open. Can only fish from that side if water and can only go up so far before its private again.

This is one of the worst situations of public fish/private water issues around. Have a tiny short creek like that with a hatchery on it and citizens are allowed to "close" access to fisher people..... Ok, done with short rant - sorry.
when I see the condition fishermen leave some of the private property I fish I often wonder why in the world they allow access.... Be careful about complaining though, up in washington a bunch of folks pressed the issue and fish and game simply stopped producing the runs.

T
troutmasta
markasd said:
Didn't spell check, not sure how bong replaced "not as"??
Any how - not as bad - should have read.

..pesky subconscious mind..