Heading to the fly tying expo

M
mrlindeman
Hope some of you come on out today.

I will be the guy with the crazy Australian Bush whacker hat with flies all over it lol. Come say hi!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

To make this thread more productive...
I will be using the Goddard Caddis pattern quite a bit this early season, and wanted to ask,

What size would I want to stop at? I have seen the Caddis hanging out before, and some get to be around an inch and 1/4 in size. I have never seen the pattern tied this large though. Has anyone had anyluck with the larger sizes of this pattern? And if so are there any variants that serve for more attractant? Like under body material and such. Thanks.

L
Letsfish
A buddy and I went down yesterday. Very nice show with good conversation, a few new ideas and was able to come home with fewer dollars then I went down with. I did attend one class by Marc Williamson on fly fishing central Oregon lakes which was quite interesting. He kept talking about how we could check out a few different patterns on his web site. Well I wrote that down wrong and was wondering since you are going to be down there if you could ask around and see if you could come up with either his e-mail or web site. Have a great time at the show. It still blows me away seeing guys with big hands tying tiny flies. Thanks for trying to help.

L
lilsalmon
I'm going as soon as I get some coffee in me.

V
Van
The family and i are heading down at some point today.

troutdude
troutdude
Umm...isn't attempting to spot a guy w/ flies all over his hat...at a fly tying show...sorta like the proverbial needle in a haystack? Just sayin...

Anyway, hope all y'all have a great time!

I
ICamel49
Marc's e-mail is: mwilliamson@scappoose.k12.or.us
Letsfish said:
A buddy and I went down yesterday. Very nice show with good conversation, a few new ideas and was able to come home with fewer dollars then I went down with. I did attend one class by Marc Williamson on fly fishing central Oregon lakes which was quite interesting. He kept talking about how we could check out a few different patterns on his web site. Well I wrote that down wrong and was wondering since you are going to be down there if you could ask around and see if you could come up with either his e-mail or web site. Have a great time at the show. It still blows me away seeing guys with big hands tying tiny flies. Thanks for trying to help.

M
mrlindeman
Suprisingly I was the only guy there with a hat with flies on it lol. They already rotated the guy out that you were talkin bout letsfish. They had new tyers when I was there. It was fun, and got a lot of items on discount :) The onion rings werent bad either. lol

troutdude
troutdude
mrlindeman said:
Suprisingly I was the only guy there with a hat with flies on it lol.

The onion rings werent bad either. lol

Ha ha ha. I figured that place would be packed like sardines, with hats full o' flies.

If the same peeps were there that cater the Home Shows: BAM! They have the BEST Banana Cream Pie on the Planet! (and you're right, the O rings are bad either...)

L
Letsfish
mrlindeman, glad you had a good and got some discounts. Thanks for trying to find Williamson's information.

V
Van
My first time at this show. Had a good time. Bought some furled leaders, Jim Schollmeyer's newest tying book(Flies for Western Super Hatches, which he personalized), a book on Artic Grayling, a few dry flies and ended up joining the Native Fish Society due to the amount of gear we bought from the stand. lol Lots of great tiers and fancy tying vises to be seen. Don was working like a dog, seemed tired but friendly as always.

A fun way to spend the day.

L
lilsalmon
There was a ton of people there! I managed to squeeze in and chat with Brian Silvey and watched him tie a couple flies. Roger Carbone was there with his sculptures.....he is very talented and an excellent guide also. Checked out the TU booth and chatted with Moon and momma Monica....hehe. They are awesome. I didn't get to see her tying tho. Actually didn't spend any money cept the 5 bucks to get in.