Hawgs are here..

S
SALTYFISH
Floated from 1st to cloverdale and went 3 for 3. First fist came on a plug and that was the only clipper of the day. But the last fish was the most memorable. This was my biggest steelhaed ever right around 15 pounds. Sorry no pics of the natives. But believe me they were big and pretty.

• DSC00305.JPG
S
SALTYFISH
*Hawgs* not hawga lol

L
lilsalmon
nice job!

G
gloomis85
I was expecting to see some pics of beasts by the thread title, but nice clipper.

troutdude
troutdude
We like Hawga's too!

P.S. The REALLY big boys will be following soon. Keep at it, and you might get yourself a prize of 20 pounds or more!

J
jabs67
Wahoooo!!!! Nice fish.

R
rippin fish lips
Nice catch!

S
Santiam338
It sure was wet on the Nestucca yesterday...We ended up with one clipper also..More boats than I was figuring on...LOL

Nice fish..

S
SantiamDrifter
Hmmmm I missed a solid bobber down in that hole yesterday morning! Looks like you found her for me lol.

S
SALTYFISH
Realy wish I got a picture of the big native. But I dont like netting them and we could not get to the bank. How does everybody feel about netting wild fish?

S
SantiamDrifter
SALTYFISH said:
Realy wish I got a picture of the big native. But I dont like netting them and we could not get to the bank. How does everybody feel about netting wild fish?

Well I have a Frabill C/R net. The fish just sit in the bucket, almost like nothings there. They can't get wrapped in the netting either, so flipping them out is a breeze. I'd rather net a fish in 3 feet of clean water then drag them up into the shallows where they can bang against rocks and have sand run through their gills.

M
metalfisher76
SantiamDrifter said:
Well I have a Frabill C/R net. The fish just sit in the bucket, almost like nothings there. They can't get wrapped in the netting either, so flipping them out is a breeze. I'd rather net a fish in 3 feet of clean water then drag them up into the shallows where they can bang against rocks and have sand run through their gills.

^this