Bupkis.

Last edited:
M
montym
P
pinstriper
montym said:
And you are referring to?

El Zorrillo at 5 different spots over 7 hours. Both boat ramps, the dam, 2 creeks. Plugs, spinners, floats and carolinas with nightcrawlers and powerbait.

One undersized trout is all.

troutdude
troutdude
Sometimes, the fish are tight lipped. Sorry to see little reward, for all of that effort.

P
pinstriper
I don't mind so much, really. I got a lot of experience tying knots, changing out gear trying to figure out what would work.

I think part of the problem is we stayed near all the parking lots, instead of picking a spot around the lake and taking a trail in. But it had been 18 years or so since I had been out there and it was kinda like a scouting trip, too.

One setup I was trying was a sort of carolina with a bobber as a strike indicator. My idea was to put a #8 hook with a worm off the bottom using an egg sinker, then set a slip float at the top. The sinker being heavier than the bobber would let me know when I needed to move the bobber stopper higher for the next cast. But for some reason the holes in the beads that came with the tube knots were too large and the knot was going through the bead. I think perhaps because 6# line is so thin. So I gotta find beads with smaller holes to make this work.

Or, maybe it's just a terrible idea in the first place.