Groundhogs Day

M
Mad dog
When I woke up this mornin' I felt a pang, I was hungerin' for some apple pie. Stumbled into the bathroom, hung my hog a bit, washed the sleep from my eye.

Oh yea, it's gonna be a fine day!

Scratched myself a bit, poured me out a bowl-a corn chex.....closest thing I could find to apple pie. The lingerin' taste of toothpaste kinda made the milk go down a bit funny but you know, them chex, they do satisfy!

Oh yea, this'll be a fine day!

So after my morning rise and shine, I had it in my mind to hit those streets. The drizzle from the night left cold puddles out....I had my black stomp boots on my feet.

It's my day!

Since I was in kneepants my pops tried to make me realize, if I put my mind to it I could be a big man in the public eye. So, with my big blue collar on I set out to find the easy way. What an ice cold bath it was when I found out you had to pay to play. To taste the taste it's a tease that would never subside. The taste is strong but soured by my learned eyes. Well, if a woodchuck could chuck wood, he'd get down on his knee's and pray. This little snappy boy might see the light this groundhog's day.

He,he,he......Les Claypool! :D :clap:

Happy goundhogs day! Anyone make it out? The kid caught a nice looking hen this morning and a pair of clippers 2 days ago. 12 punches on his card....told him he had better get a hatchery card or he'll be crying the blues come fall chinook season....suppose I'll have to go buy him one! :rolleyes: Personally, I haven't held a fishing rod in about 3 weeks!!! Too much work!....Maybe this weekend! :think:
IMG_0630.jpg

R
RunWithSasquatch
I know the feeling about too much WORK!

Couple dandy's! Gives me anxiety thinking about if I only had 8 spots left going into fall seasoN!!

K
Keith
"Hung my hog a bit"

I can't think of any reason to string-up a pig first thing in the morning.....:think::think::think:

M
Mad dog
A little update....the kid made it home from Bi-mart so I got the full scoop on his day. 5 for9!!! He turned back 3 hatchery fish....one of which was a big hen....can't believe the little roe whore did that! :D The other was a native.

I sure whish I could go tommorrow! :(

Reactions: JeannaJigs
M
Mad dog
Keith said:
"Hung my hog a bit"

I can't think of any reason to string-up a pig first thing in the morning.....:think::think::think:

I think of one 1st thing in the morning every morning!!!:lol:

C
ChezJfrey
Dang!

I need to come live at your house for awhile to get schooled on this fishing thing! You and your boys are phenomenal!

I keep thinking of that 'mud puddle' comment the Hitman mentioned awhile back and I keep thinking you guys could probably also pull a 10 pound fish out of my 5 gallon aquarium! You and your boys seem to be able to pull fish no matter what. Nice fish in that photo there!

Hope you get out soon...I've been suffering the working man's blues the last few weeks myself and it looks like I'll be reaching the end of that tunnel this weekend. Yay me!

C
CoastieFlo
jeez, 12 punches already and just barely a month in....dang!

J
JeannaJigs
That kid is out of control

L
LuckyToBeFishing
Jealous here. Haven't gotten out yet this year. (Let's go, Chuck!).

Nice job, kid. Hope the whole year is like that for you.

Primus Sucks!

Lucky

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish! That kid sure does semm to know what he is doing.

P
plumb2fish
Primus Sucks! NOT!

Funny that you would be able to derive Primus from Les Claypool, yet Primus sucks. hmmmm.

Last edited:
L
LuckyToBeFishing
The term "PRIMUS SUCKS" is actually a phrase coined by Les Claypool on the live cut album SUCK ON THIS. He says, "We're Primus, and we suck."...
Shortly thereafter, you could see bumper stickers with PRIMUS SUCKS on them. I see one every now and then and can tell that the person has been a fan for a long time, as I have. Give it a listen!