Goodbye Senko (not that I ever used you to begin with...)

T
tomriker
The Big Bite Baits flying squirrel is already my go to shaky head jig trailer, but now they have a worm! I may have to give in to the worm crowd and try these out!
here's a Tackletour review of them http://tackletour.com/reviewbbbsquirrelbaits.html
I've never been a fan of worms, but think I may have to give one a try.... what do you guys think??

i hope i don't get cyber blasted for spam :shock:

T
TTFishon
Spammer!!! lol Kind of weird looking but you know I'd try it.

S
steelhead_slayer
looks like it would have some serious action

H
Hendo30
Interesting look, and like Steelhead_Slayer said, appears you would get some good action with that thin mid section and chunk tail.

T
tomriker
As soon as I get my quarterly fishing allowance in June I plan on buying some of the worms, I only have 15 packs of squirrels left so I might pick up some more of those as well...

W
willson
senkos are my go to... and with reason. ive caught more bass on them than anything else. you can fish them so many different ways. either way, good luck with the new lures.

T
tomriker
that's how i feel about jigs Willson, they can be fished soo many ways! senkos are still dirty little worms :)

W
willson
tomriker said:
that's how i feel about jigs Willson, they can be fished soo many ways! senkos are still dirty little worms :)

ive caught some chunky large mouth bass on jig and pig. however... a majority of the time i fish for LMB and not SMB. when fishing for LMB im right up against the water line fishing in weeds/branches/lilly pads etc... lots and lots of cover. and i get tired of trying to crawl jigs through all of it and getting hung up over and over. i always almost get my jig back however it feels like all the constant snags are ruining the presentation so i have backed off from them a bit as of lately. when i do use em i keep em mid level in the water and swim them with a really good trailer that has lots of movement in it.

F
Finneus Polebender
If one dont work the other usually will they all get em on their days! Nice lookin worm though I want some. Latest senko victim here courtesy of Throbbit Shane ... shanes 3lber.jpg

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
Ha Ha senko outfished the jig 2 to 1 tonight and got big fish .............Colby 5-25-12 002.jpgColby 5-25-12 003.jpgColby 5-25-12 005.jpg.............first is the 2lb jig fish then the 3lb senko fish the other senko fish was a 1lber my son didn't want his pic lol.

T
tomriker
Oh come on fp, anything will work in your private stocker pond!

V
veilside180sx
Every thing has it's place, and senko's are definitely a lure I won't leave home w/o.

That said...there are a lot of other plastics I don't leave either. =)

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
Oh come on fp, anything will work in your private stocker pond!

Almost anything, wouldnt touch the swimbait last night. Even if anything will work some things just work a little better , kinda like the topwater stuff or swimbaits they are a blast but are only super effective during certain conditions. I dont care when/where I am if I want to know if the waters hold bass I will usually start with the worm and then throw the jig or somethin else based on conditions..