Good camping/ fishing spot

C
Contron
Hey all, this is my first post on here but I have been utilizing the vasts quantities of knowledge on it for a while now. I'm posting because I wanted to see if anyone could point me in the direction of a good camping spot within 2 hours of the West Linn area that is fairy secluded and offers good fishing for trout as well as bass. I'm taking some newbies to fishing and wanted someplace that would offer good enough fishing to entertain their short attention spans. :D

H
HereFishy
My favorite place to camp around me is Green Peter. Mainly because everything is a lot more lax there. As aposed to somewhere like Detroit. No one hassles you unless you're getting too out of hand, free first come first serve camping, no crowded campsites, no curfew/quiet hours, no speed limit on the water (we usually bring a few jet boats), and I hear the fishing there isn't half bad either. Green Peter is probably pushing your '2 hours from West Linn' stipulation. But I'd say its worth the drive.

Happy Fishing,
Kyle

C
capblack
green peter is my favorite also, but if i was in west linn, i would check out something towards mt hood. there is a lot of nice lakes up that way although im not really familiar with that area

W
wozniasm
Hagg Lake could be an option for you but no camping there.
Hebo Lake has a decent campground but no bass. It's stocked with trout regularly. Lots of fishing platforms to use. There's two or three campsites on the far end of the lake that are spacious.

H
HereFishy
I was gonna suggest Hebo too.. Talk about a peaceful, quiet, picturesque lake. More of a pond really. I think I heard it takes something like 12 minutes to walk around the whole thing. Check out the Cascade Head episode of Grant's Getaways on YouTube.

C
Contron
Thanks for the tips everyone! Awesome community on here that I can posted a thread and have multiple answers in just a few hours! I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to fish Green Peter for trout or any other species that might be more plentiful there

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
I have not done GP yet.....but most of the successful fisherpeople seem to troll it from the threads I have seen on it.