G Loomis 9' casting rod for sale

troutdude
troutdude
The "PRE-SHIMANO" G.Loomis GL2 STR 1083C casting rod is perfect for any angler who wants a high-quality and reliable rod. With its fast action and 11 guides, this rod is designed to provide optimal performance and sensitivity when fishing. The 2-piece rod has a med-light power rating and at 9 feet long, this rod is ideal for a variety of fishing situations. The rod is designed to handle lures weighing between 3/8-3/4 oz, making it perfect for catching a variety of fish species.

The rod belonged to my dad; who was largely disabled later in life. So it wasn't used very much and is in fine condition. Cosmetically I'd give it about 8.0-8.5 out of 10.

Both these and it's spinning rod version have actually sold, on fleabay, for over $200. I'm asking $175. I can meet up in the Corvallis/Albany area. Or may be willing to ship, if buyer covers the shipping costs.

No pics at the moment. But can post pics upon request.

Sad to sell something that meant a lot to my dad (his friend gifted it to him, for helping out in his bowling alley after he retired). But I've got to pay some bills. Ugh.

Last edited:
Chromatose
Chromatose
6# to 12# line rating
GLWTS

troutdude
troutdude
Not sure what GLWTS indicates, but thank you Chromie!

Chromatose
Chromatose
Good Luck With The Sale is what is meant. I recently learned that abbreviation on a sale myself. Now I am lazy in typing it would seem.

That is a very nice Rod.

• Haha
Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Thank you my friend. I'd rather not part with it. But I have many other rods in reserve.

Chromatose
Chromatose
troutdude
troutdude
@Chromatose thank you for asking.

Thankfully I got a really good paycheck last week (it's base + commissions). So I've not really "pushed" the sale, and still have the rod. :cool:

Chromatose
Chromatose
troutdude said:
@Chromatose thank you for asking.

Thankfully I got a really good paycheck last week (it's base + commissions). So I've not really "pushed" the sale, and still have the rod. :cool:

Your Welcome TD
It was not meant for this Rod to go!
I`m happy for ya

• Love
Top Bottom