Fun Monday at Detroit Lake

J
jaxworks
006.jpg004.jpg012.jpgWe got on the lake a little late at 9:00am and trolled toward the island and up the right side in 20 to 30 feet of water like worked well last summer...nothing! :( Did a U-turn to the right in the deeper channel and both poles with worms on the wedding rings went off! We stayed in the channel and fished deeper to 35 and 50 feet and caught 6 nice ones by 2:00pm. The lake was GLASS and we were the only boat there.:D The lake was really low with hundreds of old tree stumps showing.

Last edited:
Reactions: C_Run
A
alm21
Nice feeling when you have the place to yourself. Especially when the scenery is great and the bite is on!

troutdude
troutdude
Not fair. Had to work today!

Oh well, at least I can live vicariously through your adventure. Nicely done.

T
TJR_84
Sounds like the perfect day on the lake and some meat for the table!!!!!Well done.

P
PNW Sam
Nice job! Looks like an absolutely beautiful day.

Detroit can be real productive in the winter, but lots of people don't know that. I know a guy that goes down there a few times each yeah in the winter off the bank, just brings a portable propane heater and a pop-up tent and usually limits out.

C_Run
C_Run
That looks beautiful. I was wanting to go up there next summer but, why wait? How do you troll at those depths- a big sinker in line?( I'm new to trolling.)

bass
bass
That is really not fair having such a perfect day - I mean that is TV fishing show perfect :) Great job and thanks for sharing.

J
jaxworks
C_Run said:
That looks beautiful. I was wanting to go up there next summer but, why wait? How do you troll at those depths- a big sinker in line?( I'm new to trolling.)

We were using 2 oz. banana weights and the trolling speed was 1.85 to 2.00 mph (GPS varies a bit) and letting out 20 runs (a 'run' being one pass across the spool on the Abu Garcia) I retired Jan 1 and the name on my boat is "Borrowed Time"...guess that says it all. Carpe Diem !

H
Hendo30
well played, looks like a blast. Great day!

T
TTFishon
Doesn't get much better than that. Looks like a fun day on the lake. Thanks for sharing.

R
rippin fish lips
yeahhh buddy!