Fly rod $ conclusion

C
catchallthefish
sorry no pics still working on the camera cord thing ...
i ended up with a old red and yellow Actionrod fly rod 8ft 3 model 16 80 with a cabelas wt1 reel and some decent line so all in all im happy

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Sweet. I just read about those, last night, in my new copy of "Fiberglass Fly Rods", by Vic Johnson, Jr. Let us know, how you like that bug wand.

P.S. An 8' Action Rod, made by Bronson, from the 1600 series, will weight somewhere around 5 oz. to 5.6 oz. Such a rod, is likely going to be more like a 5 - 7 weight rod. Only a much shorter / lighter rod, would be well-suited for a 1 wt. reel. So, you'll want/need, a larger weight reel for your longer/heavier rod. A little of this, is guess work--based on limited information from their 1956 catalog. (I have only 3 pages of it. Plus, your rod may be older or newer than that).

Last edited:
C
catchallthefish
its a wR1 Cabelas reel ...not a wt1 as a 1 weight sorry misspelling ... but its pretty old got it from my old buddy for doing some work for him and i really like its pretty nice shape after i cleaned all the grime off and im not to terrible at it!

troutdude
troutdude
I'm not familiar with that Cabela's reel; but it sounds like it may work fine. After all, a fly reel is more or less just a line holder. As long as it holds enough line--for the style of fishing that you'll do--you'll be fine. Hope you post some pics of that rod/reel; and of your fishing adventures with it too.

C
catchallthefish
im working on it i need a cord for my camera and then its on like well...

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
catchallthefish said:

Does your camera not use an SD card for it's storage? If it stores on an SD or SDHD card, you should be able to pop the card out and put it in a card reader and pull the images off, if you can't find a usb cord to fit your camera.

C
catchallthefish
yes and no it has a sd card but no reader...

T
TTFishon
catchallthefish said:

What kind of cord do you need? There's a place in Eugene called Nextstep that has tons of used electronic stuff for cheap.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
catchallthefish said:
yes and no it has a sd card but no reader...

How old is the computer you're using? I haven't seen many PC's or laptops made in the last 5-6 years that don't have a built in card reader for SD or SDHD. Might be hard to see them - most towers they're located right below the DVD/CD rom drive. On laptops, they are usually mounted on the forward edge, or opposite side as the CD/DVD drive. Even smaller computers like the netbooks tend to have a built in SD reader. If you can't find a cord, and your PC doesn't have a reader - Bi Mart and Wal Mart usually have USB card readers for $10-15 that will do the job.

C
catchallthefish
90s